5 Inexpensive Ways to Spice Up Your Bedrooms

Redecoration can be super expensive, but these five tricks are not only inexpensive but simple as well!

19
Best Bedroom Ideas 2017 Light Blue Bedroom Colors 22 Calming Decorating Ideas

Having the same bedroom since seventh grade can get boring, especially if it's where you spend most of your time. But buying new furniture can be time-consuming and expensive, so here are a few inexpensive, easy ways to make your room way more interesting.

1. Choose a theme

Many people don't have a set theme for their room, it might just be a mosh-posh of colors with clothes strewn all over the floor. But picking a theme for a room is one of the easiest ways to make it more interesting. A theme could be a particular city, for example, my room is very Parisian and themed after the City of Love itself. Other themes include: Forests or greenery, the sea or beach, a mini-spa, or a library.

2. Add inexpensive art

Art is what most people think of when they image redecorating a room, but the truth is, art can be really expensive. A small poster can cost $15 for crying out loud! The best way to deal with this issue is to search through clearance sections in stores like Michaels, or Target. Michaels usually has a bin of clearance paintings or posters, and Target can have off-season sales on art and decorations.

3. Grow succulents

Succulents add life to any room. They're tiny, easy to take care of, and can make a room appear to be finished. Succulents are pretty expensive too, as you only need one pot and a couple plants. Not to mention succulents are totally trending right now for summer in the interior design community.

4. Find ways to get natural light

Natural lighting is the best way to feel better, and it makes bedrooms look so much more polished that artificial lighting. The best way to make the most out of any windows is to maximize their light by getting shifting shades. These shades can be impossible to look through when closed, but when opened, the fabric becomes see-through and the room appears more open. And if bulky curtains are cramping your style, go for some smaller ones, or skip them all together if your curtains are dense enough when closed.

5. Rearrange furniture to fit your lifestyle

If you're on a budget, this tip might be the best one out of all of these five because it costs absolutely nothing, except for a little time and effort. Rearranging your furniture can become an adventure to suit you so easily, you can even use Feng Shui! Do you use your room for studying? Move a desk into an area that you'll be able to see it more to motivate you to study for your test! Love to read? Create a reading nook in a corner of your room? Hate being unorganized? Create space in your closet to store the things that aren't necessities! The possibilities are endless, so have fun making your room, completely, and totally yours!