5 Faces Only December Birthdays Understand

Since only people born this time of year know what it's like to compete with the holidays.

80
someecards.com

Happy Birthday! Yes happy birthday to you, not Jesus. Everyone is saying happy birthday to Jesus but forgetting you. They're forgetting me too. Like you, I am a December birthday. While other people literally celebrate their birth month, birth weeks, or even an entire birthday we get a few hours then people go back to the holidays. Almost every religion has something major this time of year. Even if they do not believe or celebrate one of those holidays there is still just the "holiday spirit". This is for all of you and the faces we can give each other during this month.

1. The face you make when someone gives you a birthday and Christmas present at the same time, but all of your other friends get two separate ones.

Really? I see you. I know who you are. You know who you are. Unless it's expensive or you guys made arrangements beforehand don't pull this. Just don't.

2. The face you make when your party is decorated for Christmas and not for a birthday.

Not even streamers or a banner but a Christmas tree. Do you know what always takes the stage? The Christmas tree.

3. The face you make when someone knows it's your birthday but wishes you "happy holidays."

Some people celebrate their entire birthday month, some the entire week, some an entire weekend before or after their actual birthday. All we want is a few hours of that. Just a few hours when it can be about us.

4. The face you make when someone ask to celebrate your birthday after the holidays because they are more important.

Unless we're going to Disney World you better not pull this one. People argue over holidays, which ones are real, which ones we should celebrate, how we should celebrate; no one argues over a birthday and if it was that day.

5. The face you make when you meet someone else with a December birthday.

Because we are the only ones who actually know the struggle.