The Top 5 OTPs That Will Destroy Your Feels

Get ready to never be emotionally stable again.

185
https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7m0jsjFf71ra8skco1_1280.jpg

Unless you've been avoiding social media for the past years, you must have heard of the term OTP: one true pairing, a term designed by fandoms to talk about their favorite paring in a movie, tv show, book, anime and really any kind of creative work.

You "ship" your OTP, which means you root for them being together and even a single scene counts.

To be even more specific, we use the word "slash" to talk about same-sex couples, usually males (otherwise it's femslash). Slash couple are the most talked about on Twitter, the most reblogged on Tumblr, and there is fan art everywhere on the net.

Here's a personal list of top five OTP's which have destroyed every atom of my soul. That's why I strongly recommend binge-watching every of these TV shows.

5. JOHNLOCK (John Watson x Sherlock Holmes) from BBC Sherlock

Sherlock Holmes has always been a huge literary success and there have been many adaptations of the books of Mr Arthur Conan Doyle: for instance, the 2009 movie starring Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr.

One of the most appreciated though, is the BBC TV series "Sherlock" starring Martin Freeman and Oscar nominated actor, Benedict Cumberbatch. With nine total episodes in three seasons plus a Christmas special (which was nominated for and won an Emmy) the series is extremely loved by fans all over the world.

The only flaw? It takes up to a year and a half/two years for each season to come out and each season is only three episodes.

Needless to say, everybody loves the relationship between Sherlock and Watson and many would hope for a less platonic kind of love. With the new season coming out next year we'll see.

4. MALEC (Magnus Bane x Alexander Lightwood) from Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments

Based on the series of books by Cassandra Clare, Freeform decided to create a tv series based on the books.

Everybody who read the books already loves the pairing of Magnus, an immortal warlock from Brooklyn, and Alexander/Alec, a shy introverted Shadowhunter. Thanks to the amazing performances of Harry Shum Jr and Matthew Daddario. Season two is coming out in January and we're dying to see more of these two.

"So I'm your first ever Shadowhunter, huh?"

"You're my first so many things, Alexander Lightwood"

3. GALLAVICH (Ian Gallagher x Mickey Milkovich) from Shameless US

Cameron Monaghan, our favorite "orange boy" has scored on our heart in playing the troubled bipolar teenage boy and Noel Fisher's scenes were Emmy-worthy.

This couple has been through so many ups and downs and has shred our hearts into million pieces. Their unconventional love story, dysfunctional and crazy moments of two young boys who have to grow and understand who they really are, has absolutely made us fall in love with these two characters and their complicated backgrounds.

A couple days ago, it was actually confirmed that, after one season without Noel Fisher that felt like forever, the young actor is coming back in the new season, whose first episode of season seven is premiering this Sunday.

Ready to get emotionally destroyed?

2. DESTIEL (Dean Winchester x Castiel) from Supernatural

This OTP has been declared the most reblogged couple of Tumblr for two years straight. the Supernatural fandom is one of the most loyal and dedicated around and, after twelve years, still shows an incredible support to the cast.

The main characters, Dean and Sam Winchester (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) are brothers who hunt demons, monsters, ghosts and any kind of supernatural being. They stop the apocalypse and kill Death in the meanwhile, but that's a long story.

What is amazing is the success of Castiel (Misha Collins) an Angel of the Lord. His relationship with Dean is purely platonic, but both the actors and the fandom have implied that they would like to see a further development.

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition" -Castiel

Castiel literally did everything in his power to save Dean, that was condemned to be tortured in hell for eternity (another long story).

"And the Angel tablet... Arguably the most powerful instrument in the history of the universe... is in pieces, and for what again? Oh, that's right... to save Dean Winchester. That was your goal, right? I mean, you draped yourself in the flag of heaven, but ultimately, it was all about saving one human, right?"

Do you need any more clues that this is the potentially the most powerful TV couple of the decade?

1. BRITIN (Brian Kinney x Justin Taylor) from Queer As Folk US

My all time favorite, even though it was not easy to pick one.

This TV show is the American adaptation of the British version, which was developed by people including Russel T. Davis (who has been a show runner for "Doctor Who" for many series).
"Queer As Folk" focuses on the gay community in Pittsburgh in the early 2000s and, back then, it caused lot of scandal because the series itself it's pretty explicit and graphic in dealing with important taboo themes such as same-sex couples, AIDS, drug addiction and homophobia just to say a few.

Brian Kinney is dysfunctional, from a relationship point of view: an arrogant 31-year-old publicist who only cares about himself, his amazing attic, having a new boy-toy every night and about Mickey, his best friend, who still treats badly in multiple occasion.

Justin Taylor is a 17-seventeen-year-old boy who is just discovering who he really is. He would like to have a boyfriend and think that Brian could be his prince, even though he realizes how many times Brian just uses him.

But that's not the end of the story: they go through so many difficulties together and magical moments, for instance a dancing scene to "Save the Last Dance," that is impossible not to love them.

So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to never be emotionally stable again.