5 cleaning and care tips: how to extend the life of your carpet tiles

how to extend the life of your carpet tiles

60

Tile carpet is an extremely durable and resistant material, perfect for corporate and even residential environments. Among the many advantages it offers, the practicality in cleaning and maintenance stands out. And like any other product, its shelf life can increase or decrease according to the care it receives.

But rest assured! You don't have to go through huge jobs to ensure your carpet's beauty for years and years. Just take some precautions and, in specific cases, choose the right tools to clean your material. That's why we have gathered 5 cleaning and conservation tips to maximize the life of your carpet.

1 - Frequent aspirations

Of course, you don't need to vacuum the closet every day, after all, one of the advantages of carpet tiles is its practicality. But experts recommend carrying out at least two aspirations a week, according to the flow of movement at the site. Remember that it is important to keep the vacuum cleaner itself, change the garbage deposit bags and pay attention to the condition of the filter.

2 – Dirt Prevention

You know that story that prevention is better than cure? Yeah, everyone has heard it from their mother, grandfather or someone older. And when it comes to carpet cleaning, it's worth taking that phrase seriously. Better than sweating out stains and dirt from your carpet is to avoid them. Therefore, the tip is to place, whenever possible, a doormat or rug in all the entrances of the room, so, before entering, people can clean their feet, avoiding taking dirt from other places to your carpet.

3 – In case of stains, never rub

This recommendation is extremely important! In case of stains or liquids, do not rub the carpet tile. This will only scatter the dirt and make the material extremely difficult to clean. The ideal is to dry the affected surface as quickly as possible, absorbing the liquid with a dry and clean cloth. If necessary, always use specific products for carpets. There are many quality options on the market.

4 – Deep cleaning

Calm down, this tip doesn't require your efforts. Experts recommend that you perform at least one thorough cleaning of your carpet tile each year. But who will take care of this is a company that specializes in this type of cleaning. Therefore, the weekly aspirations, smaller and much less laborious, are up to you; on the other hand, for more complex and deep cleaning, you just need to contact a specialized company and leave it in the hands of professionals.

5 – Furniture feet protection

There's no way, furniture ends up wearing out and damaging your carpet after a while. But since they're necessary for any environment, there's a good way to preserve your floor covering. Just put protection on your feet or under chairs, tables and cabinets. You can find these products at any construction store. Experts also recommend that you move the furniture around to alternate the area of use.

Just follow these simple tips and the life of your carpet tile will increase considerably.

Read How To Port Sim Online