2016 has been a difficult year for the families and fans of countless celebrities. The world lost many extraordinary entertainers this past year, including Alan Rickman, Prince, Gene Wilder, David Bowie, Patty Duke, and George Michael. Most recently, we lost a talented soul with the passing of Carrie Fisher. Not only was she an outstanding actress and author, but she was a beloved hero from our childhood. She always had something witty to say and she brought laughter to every situation. In 2017, let's strive to be more like Carrie Fisher. Clever, hilarious, and completely unapologetic.
Here are 5 Carrie Fisher quotes to live by.
1. "Resentment is like drinking a poison and waiting for the other person to die."
2. “I don’t hate hardly ever, and when I love, I love for miles and miles. A love so big it should either be outlawed or it should have a capital and its own currency.”
3. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.”
4. “If my life wasn't funny it would just be true, and that is unacceptable.”
5. “I don’t want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.”
Thank you, Carrie, for entertaining and inspiring us throughout the years.