5 Books Every Athlete Should Read

5 Books Every Athlete Should Read

Books to inspire, motivate, and guide every athlete to success

5365
5 Books Every Athlete Should Read
inhabitat.com

Athletes are busy people with high aspirations and little to time to read. Here's a list of the best books for athletes to read:

1. David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants

Malcolm Gladwell puts a twist on the Bible's classic David and Goliath story. His insights and real-life stories will help every athlete realize they've misunderstood the nature of the underdog-giant relationship. If you feel like an underdog, Gladwell will help you change your perspective and realize your potential. "David and Goliath" will help any athlete understand no situation is hopeless and victory can come from the most unlikely places.

2. Chop Wood, Carry Water: How to Fall in Love with the Process of Becoming Great

Author and speaker Joshua Medcalf, outlines the importance of process in the journey to success. Using the story of a young boy's journey from novice to samurai warrior, "Chop Wood, Carry Water" helps athletes realize their true potential by helping them change their perspective about what it means to be successful. Medcalf's easy-to-read writing style will make the pages turn easy and inspire readers.

3. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success

Carol Dweck explains the difference between a psychology of failure and success. She explains the dangers of a fixed mindset and the importance of a growth mindset for one's personal success. Without a growth mindset, success under pressure is almost impossible. Dweck will help athletes see the value of failure and hard work as crucial avenues to overcoming adversity.

4. Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable

Tim Grover has trained successful athletes such as Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade. "Relentless" is a look inside the mindset of these athletes and explains how they earned their success. Ever wondered what separated Michael Jordan from his competition? Look no further. Grover's book explains the difference between average and exceptional athletes by analyzing their mindsets, work ethic and game play. Grover's wisdom will help you get in the 'zone' and motivate you to achieve more than you thought possible.

5. Mind Gym: An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellence

Author Gary Mack's "Mind Gym" is perhaps the most important book an athlete can read. Using true stories about real athletes, Mack outlines the steps to creating impenetrable mental toughness. Mack's book will help athletes understand the importance of the mental game and how to build a successful psychology.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.