The 5 Best Friends You Make In College

The 5 Best Friends You Make In College

From the party girl to the homebody, you know you got them.

21
The 5 Best Friends You Make In College
Mikhaila Watters

College is such a different leaf of life. It is the first time most of us are independent. You are away from your parents for the first time , living on your own without your family and it could be a very scary thing. Then you meet the people who turn into your family that change your whole experience. The best friends you meet in college are some of the most important people you ever meet. They are the people that are there for you no matter what. They are the people who make the dorms feel like home, the cafeteria feel like the family table and the homesickness feel like comfort when you really need it. Each friend is different, but together you have the perfect mix of everything you could have ever wanted. Here are the 5 types of crazy, loving, amazing best friends you meet in college.

1. Your first roommate

The first roommate you have instantly becomes one of the closest best friends you will have in college. Typically she was one of the first people you met in this hot mess express. She was there for you so many times. You have been through so much together. You went through the first few stages of classes, missing your families and entering scary, new experiences with her. She is the one you hugged when you were missing your home best friends and was the first person who you drank with on night one. No one ever forgets your first roommate or the amazing memories that will last a lifetime you had with her.

2. The party friend

This girl is down AF. She is the girl you text when you had a rough week and just need to go out with to take away your troubles. She is the one who is probably the craziest but you wouldn't change her for the world. Wether you guys are taking shots or eating late night Mr. Spots, you two are changing the college scene, one table dance at a time.

3. The homebody

This girl is prime. She is the one you go to for your GNI (girls nights in). She is the one who is always staying at home because she feels she would have a much better time in bed than any old bar. She is the one you go to when you just need to chill and relax. She is your ying to your yang and thank god she is because you obviously need her to binge watch new tv shows with.

4. The A++ girl

This girl is the reason you made dean's list last semester. She has it all. She has perfect grades, has one of the best standings in the sorority and is on the fast track to graduating. She is beautiful and brilliant and one of your most influencial friends. She keeps you grounded and helps you remember why you came to college in the first place.

5. The mom friend

This girl is piece of home you were missing all along. She is the mother of your friend group. She is the one you go to for advice, when you mess up or when you just need a good cry. She is stern and will totally tell you if you fucked up but will be there 100% to be the shoulder to cry on. She has a good head on her shoulders and you can not be more grateful to have her because whats a new home without a mom?