5 Extremely Basic Halloween Costumes

5 Extremely Basic Halloween Costumes

Each Halloween you see the "basic" Halloween costumes...

124
5 Extremely Basic Halloween Costumes

It is common knowledge that I love Halloween. I spend the better part of the year bouncing back and forth between costume ideas and what I want to be. I put a significant amount of time and thought into what I chose to be and I thoroughly enjoy the whole process. But as there is with everything, each Halloween you see "basic" Halloween costumes. We all at some point have been guilty of picking a costume that is simple. Of course, there are ways to make some of these costumes spectacular and the furthest thing from basic, but if you really cop out and do these costumes this way you need to face the facts that your costume has fallen into the category of unoriginal.

1. PlayBoy Bunny.

Living in a college town I see more of these each year than I can count. I mean really, if I had a dollar for every PlayBoy bunny I see each year I could probably honestly drop out of school and live a financially-stable life.

2. A Mouse.

At least try to "dress it up" and carry around a plush block of cheese.

3. A Cat.

You see it every year. Black leotard, tail, tights, drawn on whiskers out of eye liner and cat ears to top it off.

4. A Witch.

Don't get me wrong; dressing up as a witch is a cult classic in the world of Halloween costumes and a personal favorite. You can make it totally badass, but if you just throw on any dress and put on a hat then this costume classifies as basic.

5. A zombie.

Again, this is something that can be really cool, but when you just rip a shirt and throw on some fake blood, are you really even trying?

These can all be fun, exciting costumes with just a little bit of thought. Creativity can go a long way