5 Artists You Should Check Out On Spotify

In the ever evolving world of the music industry, there's always something (or someone!) new to discover.

27
Design Milk

If there's one thing that's constantly evolving and changing as the years go by, it's the music industry. New genres have evolved, artists have peaked and fallen, and with the progressing technology we've been able to create new techniques and sounds for what we play on the airwaves. Here's a list of 5 artists that have captured this millennium that you should check out on Spotify.

1. Marian Hill

An American song-writing duo from Philadelphia, Jeremy Lloyd and Samantha Gongol are taking the music industry by storm with their incredible sexy iconic jazz sound. Some hits that are personal favorites of mine are "Lovit" (2015) and "Down" (2016).

2. Racing Glaciers

An English rock band, Racing Glaciers slid onto the music scene in 2012. Since then, they've come out with an album titled "Caught in the Strange" just this year, a previous 3 EP's, and have released five singles, my favorite of which being "Moths" (2014). The band members include Tim Monaghan, Danny Thorpe, Matt Scheepers, Gwil Sainsbury, Simon John Anderson and Matt Welch

3. Oh Wonder

Londyn-based alt-pop duo Oh Wonder, comprising of Josephine Vander Gucht and Anthony West, have seen international success with their alt-pop singles. The two recorded and released one song a month for a year, starting in September 2014. All of the songs were released together as in September 2015. "Shark," my favorite release of their singles, was the second to be released in the string of songs that were collected on the self-titled release. Another, "Dazzle," will leave you feeling like you've been just that- dazzled.

4. Matt Jaffe and the Distractions

If you find yourself vibing with the late-70s U.S. and British new wave, hashed in with "an energetic blend of power-pop, punk, and country ballad," (best described on their Wikipedia page as such) then Matt Jaffe and the Distractions are a group you should definitely look into. Their first EP, Blast Off, was released in 2015, and my favorite single featured on the album is "No Hesitation." Matt Jaffe’s band, The Distractions (referencing Elvis Costello’s first backing band, The Attractions), consists of Alex Newell on guitar, Sammie Fischer on bass and Alex Coltharp on drums.

5. Incan Abraham

In 2014, Incan Abraham released an album titled "Tolerance" that debuted a fantastic band of songs. My favorite pick of the bunch is titled "Concorde," a track that happened to be featured in Season 1 of Scream (which is how I came across it!).

I hope this list was enjoyable — follow me on social media and let me know what songs featured by these artists are your favorites, or suggest more artists and songs I should give a listen. :)