5 Alternative Rock Concerts You Don't Want to Miss this Summer

9

1. The Kooks with Young Rising Sons

These two bands are ones you don't want to miss. Young Rising Sons are a new band that are taking the alternative scene by storm. They opened for breakout band The 1975 in fall of 2014, and will be touring with Alt Rock veterans, The Kooks. The Kooks' first album came out in 2006, and since then the British Rock band has been to the top of the UK charts since. You can catch both these incredible bands at the House of Blues Boston on May 10.

2. Best Coast

Best Coast is an American Alternative Rock band that dropped their first album in 2009. The duo's first album debuted on Billboard top 200 at number 36 and debuted at number 10 on the the Digital Albums chart. Since their first album, Best Coast has released a multitude of EPs and singles. Their third studio album is set to drop on May 5, 2015. Their sound is highly influenced by the Beatles and the Beach Boys, creating the best summertime music, and a perfect concert. You can catch them at Paradise Rock Club on June 12.

3. Catfish and the Bottlemen

Catfish and the Battlement is a Welsh rock band from Wales, that formed in 2010. While the band has been around for a few years playing small venues in Europe and multiple British Music Festivals, their debut album, The Balcony, was not released in America until January 6, 2015. The band is said to sound like The Kooks, and will be playing in Cambridge at The Sinclair on June 3.

4. James Bay

James Bay is a British singer-songwriter form Herfordshire, England. His sound is more of a soul influenced alternative rock. James Bay is highly influenced by other successful British artists such as Tom Odell and Ed Sheeran. Bay released a number of EPs before dropping his debut single Chaos and the Calm on March 23, 2015. In 2014, Bay toured with breakout artist Hozier. You can catch him on his first headlining tour on April 30 at Paradise Rock Club.

5. Zella Day with Coasts

Coasts is another British Rock group that broke out in 2011. While the band does not have a full album out just yet, they do have four EPs, and plan to release an album very soon. The band has sold out many tours throughout Europe, and are embarking on their first American tour this summer with Zella Day. Zella Day is a Los Angeles based singer/song writer. Her sound is very bohemian and relaxed, and has been compared to Lana Del Rey. In 2012, Zella Day released her first cover of the White Stripes's “Seven Nation Army.” She released her first EP in October of 2014, and her first full length album, Kicker, is set to drop on June 2, 2015. You can catch this amazing duo on May 4 at the Brighton Music Hall.