48 Quotes To Get You Through Anything

48 Quotes To Get You Through Anything

Sometimes life sucks. Hopefully, these will help.
188

I've spent hours compiling quotes on Twitter, Pinterest, and dare I say ... even Tumblr for when I need a little bit of inspiration. Here are the best ones I've found.

1. "Stand up straight, and realize who you are, that you tower over your circumstances. You are a child of God. Stand up straight." --Maya Angelou

2. "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." --Romans 8:18

3. "Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light." --Madeline L'Engle

4. "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." --Leonard Cohen

5. "There are far, far better things ahead than anything we've left behind." --C.S. Lewis

6. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas Edison

7. "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - each day begin the task anew." --Saint Francis de Sales

8. "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it." --Helen Keller

9. "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." --John Wooden

10. "If you're going through Hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill

11. "You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with dreams and ideals. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don't. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly." --Rumi

12. "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

13. "Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world." --C.S. Lewis

14. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." --George Eliot

15. "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." --F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. "Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." --Thomas Edison

17. "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us." --Alexander Graham Bell

18. "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

19. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall." --Confucius

20. "Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was." --Richard L. Evans

21. "Believe you can, and you're halfway there." --Teddy Roosevelt

22. "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope." --Martin Luther King

23. "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." --Henry Ford

24. "It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever be dimmed." --Doe Zantamata

25. "I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me." --Dr. Suess

26. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." --Robert Frost

27. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" --Mary Anne Radmacher

28. "Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." --William James

29. "Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them," --Norman Vincent Peale

30. "The best way to get rid of pain is to feel pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you'll see there's a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself." --Deepak Chopra

31. "To succeed, you have to do something and be very bad at it for awhile. You have to look bad before you can look really good." --Barbara DeAngelis

32. "I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders." --Jewish proverbs

33. "When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better." --Malcolm S. Forbes

34. "The best way to predict the future is to create it." --Abraham Lincoln

35. "The first step is you have to say that you can." --Will Smith

36. "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." --Robert F. Kennedy

37. "If there is no struggle, there is no progress." --Frederick Douglass

38. "Try again. Fail again. Fail better." --Samuel Beckett

39. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

40. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." --Eleanor Roosevelt

41. "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as you've ever imagined." --Dr. Suess

42. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." --George Bernard Shaw

43. "Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." --J.K. Rowling

44. "Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better." --Walt Disney

45. "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." --Buddha

46. "We must meet the challenge rather than wish it was not before us." --William J. Brennan Jr.

47. "And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about." --Haruki Murakami

48. "The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the other people." --Randy Pausch