47 Quotes By Badass Women

47 Quotes By Badass Women

Who the run the world? Girls.

6458
47 Quotes By Badass Women

1. "If you want something said, ask a man: if you want something done, ask a woman." -- Margaret Thatcher

2. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -- Maya Angelou

3. "If Wall Street can borrow money at 0.75 percent interest, so can college students. We shouldn't treat our students like a profit center." -- Elizabeth Warren

4. "Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference." -- Jane Goodall

5. “I believe in the joyous power of an unscheduled dance break.” -- Sophia Bush

6. "True champions aren't always the ones that win, but those with the most guts." -- Mia Hamm

7. "I just want these kids to know that the depth that they feel as human beings is normal. We were born that way. This modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That's not human." -- Lady Gaga

8. "No matter where you're from, your dreams are valid." -- Lupita Nyong'o

9. "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. "Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done." -- Amelia Earhart

11. "I don't have to be an expert. I just have to care." - Mariska Hargitay

12. "Until we get equality in education, we won't have an equal society." -- Sonia Sotomayor

13. "I embrace mistakes. They make you who you are." -- Beyonce

14. "Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in." -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

15. "You can't please everyone. You just have to be able to get up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror and like what you see." -- P!nk

16. "I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading." -- Amy Poehler

17. "Be kind to one another." -- Ellen DeGeneres

18. "Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life." -- Angelina Jolie

19. "Stop telling girls they can be anything they want when they grow up. I think it's a mistake. Not because they can't, but because it would have never occurred to them they couldn't." -- Sarah Silverman

20. "The only thing that separates women of color from anyone else is opportunity." -- Viola Davis

21. "Choose people who lift you up." -- Michelle Obama

22. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” -- Tina Fey

23. "Kind words can be easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." -- Mother Teresa

24. "The greatest gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy." -- Meryl Streep

25. "I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger." -- Serena Williams

26. "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired." -- Fannie Lou Hamer

27. "Life is for participating, not for spectating." -- Kathrine Switzer

28. "It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends." -- J.K. Rowling

29. "Each and every one of us has the capacity to be an oppressor. I want to encourage each and every one of us to interrogate how we might be an oppressor, and how we might be able to become liberators for ourselves and each other." -- Laverne Cox

30. "I may be compelled to face danger, but never fear it, and while our soldiers can stand and fight, I can stand and feed and nurse them." -- Clara Barton

31. “The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off” -- Gloria Steinem

32. “I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

33. "I can think of a lot of things that taste better than skinny feels." -- Jennifer Lawrence

34. "I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." -- Harriet Tubman

35. "The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." -- Oprah

36. “I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” -- Amy Schumer

37. "I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfil my profession, which I entered before my husband was in public life." -- Hillary Clinton

38. "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -- Harriet Beecher Stowe

39. "At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That’s how we’re made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them." --Shonda Rhimes

40. "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." -- Anne Frank

41. "Democracy is the best revenge." -- Benazir Bhutto

42. "I feel safe in the midst of my enemies, for the truth is all powerful and will prevail.” -- Sojourner Truth

43. "Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation." -Ruth Bader Ginsburg

44. "When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another." -- Helen Keller

45. "I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay." -- Madonna

46. "I thought I could do anything and then I became a mom. Nothing you do prepares you for the unconditional love, the unconditional heartbreak, and the 'am I doing the right thing' moments." -- My mother

47. "I don't get what the big deal is. He's half white." -- My Great-Grandmother on Barack Obama (Age 100)