The 45th President of the United States of America gets inaugurated today. President Donald J. Trump will be sworn into office at 12:00 PM EST and take this position as a political novice. Despite Trump's decisive campaign and highly informative tweets, many Americans are left confused as to what his plans are.
Thus, in order to get a generalized sense of what information is desired by the citizens of America, I put out a request to everyone I know from across the country, across all political beliefs and age demographics.
All contributors have agreed to remain anonymous and are cited with their age and registered political party. These questions below have been edited for brevity and clarity. I did NOT censor this; these are the actual questions of the American people.
1. Are you scared?
2. How do you plan to engage with the governors and states?
3. What do you plan to replace the Affordable Care Act with?
4. How do you plan to bring back jobs from overseas?
5. What are your plans to improve the educational system (in regards to Common Core)?
6. Where is the funding for your infrastructure development coming from?
7. How do you plan to pay for the health care of all those who are going to be left uninsured by the repeal of Obamacare? Their unpaid bills will default onto the American taxpayer, after all.
8. How do you plan on restoring the middle class?
9. Do you plan on getting rid of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)?
18, No Registered Party
10. Could you tell me what the day in the life of the average 25-year-old college graduate looks like?
11. Do you recognize the social implications of your election?
12. Do you actually care about conservative fiscal policies, or will you embrace the same kind of spending that has run up our deficits in recent years?
13. Do you plan on doing anything about Russia hacking the DNC now that you've admitted it?
14. How did your work in professional Wrestling, for which you were awarded a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame, help prepare you to be President?
15. Are you going to continue to provide welfare to other countries before helping your own people?
16. Will you stay true to your anti-lobbying goals?
17. How do you plan to gain the respect of other world leaders who already view you as a joke?
18. Are you willing to change your views on global warming?
19. When and with whom did you last have sex with?
20. In regards to fiscal policy, will you choose to cut funding to other programs in order to build up others (i.e. cut education to better the military)? Or will you just cut everything as it should be done?
21. How many African American people are you in good standing with where that you could say with confidence that they're "poor," "have no good jobs" and have "no good" schools?
22. Are you actually going to be a man of your word and not repeal the best parts of Obamacare?
23. Why are you so mean? It diminishes your credibility.
24. Will you regulate big pharmacy so that people can get the treatment they need and not have to choose between mortgages, food, or medicine?
25. Will you really turn away daily intelligence briefings?
26. Since you and/or Republicans are coming up with a better Heath Care for all, will all government officials be enrolled and give up their expensive tax paid plans?
27. The American people actually do care: what is the content of your tax returns?
28. Are you actually going to pursue a committee to further investigate Hillary's email scandal?
29. Do you actually know what a blind trust is?
30. What is your major priority to accomplish in the next four years?
31. What is your plan for our military?
32. How will you repay the money Congress has stolen over the years from Social Security?
33. How will your sexist, racist and bigoted views affect the laws around human rights?
34. How do you plan to negotiate the relations between small business and the increase in minimum wage? The increase in minimum wage is destroying the ability to pay staff for services such as day care.
43, No Registered Party
35. Did you read bedtime stories to your youngest son? If so, what was his favorite?
36. Will you leave the Social Security System alone for the elders of this country?
37. You discussed in your campaign how you wanted to reform childcare for working families. How do you propose accomplishing this task?
38. When are you giving up your Twitter account? The office you are about to enter requires your full attention. It is not possible to protect the American people and promote yourself on social media at the same time.
39. How do you plan to change the laws surrounding immigration, a pillar that America was built upon?
40. How does your cabinet appointments reflect upon your promise to help middle-class working families?
41. How do you plan to help the families that live paycheck to paycheck stay afloat with the rising costs of living? Most are not all eligible for county assistance and would like to retire at an age where they can enjoy the rest of their lives.
43. Will you push for term limits for Congress?
44. How will you protect the rights of the average worker after picking members of big business as your cabinet?
45. Why do you want to be president?
From all ages and parties, this was by far the most common question I received.
So President Trump, the American people have questions, a huuuuuuuge amount of questions. Perhaps the best questions America has to offer. How will you answer your people?