44 Things People Who Grew Up In Titusville, FL Know To Be True

T-ville will always be home.

832
Baltimore Sun

If you grew up in Titusville, Florida, you know all about good 'ole T-ville. You know that everyone who grew up here wants to get out. But you also know that Titusville is not just the Gateway to Nature and Space. It's also Home Sweet Home.

Here are some other things you know if you grew up in Titusville.

1. Kim's is the best place to get donuts.

2. Sunrise cinnamon rolls, muffins, scones, bread, bread pudding, and tea are life.

3. Space shuttle launches were the coolest thing you saw as a kid.

4. The drive to Playalinda is beautiful.

5. The Enchanted Forest really is enchanting.

6. Harry and Harriet Moore deserve more than a small monument homesite and festival.

7. The Astronaut Hall of Fame is just as cool as the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.

8. The Police Hall of Fame is pretty legit too.

9. The only thing that should ever be eaten at Dixie Crossroads is corn fritters with extra powdered sugar.

10. The hardest decision in the summertime is whether you should spend your time at the beach or a pool.

11. 2005 was a bad year for leaky roofs but a great year for tubing behind trucks on flooded roads.

12. Palmetto bugs are big enough to scare even the bravest grown men.

13. If you didn't swim as a kid, you know someone who did.

14. If you're looking for a new church, just walk one block from anywhere.

15. You only go outside at night if you're wearing long sleeves or if you're an excellent mosquito slapper.

16. The crawler, VAB, KSC, Patrick, STS, ISS, solid rocket boosters, and Mission Control are all part of Titusville's local lingo.

17. Eastern Florida State College will always be BCC. Always.

18. It will storm every afternoon after 3 p.m. in the summertime. No question.

19. If it's storming, just stay inside for five minutes until the sun comes back out.

20. Titusville is less than two hours from everywhere.

21. If you're going to skydive, Titsuville is the place to do it.

22. The most beautiful place to be at sunrise is the Max Brewer Bridge.

23. Palm trees make excellent Christmas Trees.

24. Christmas is a great day for shorts and a t-shirt.

25. The best place to go mudding is 5A.

26. Miracle City Mall is the most ironic name to ever exist.

27. Every person should go to the Mullet Festival at least once in their life.

28. Chain of Lakes is the best place to run, play soccer and softball, enjoy nature, and pretty much everything else.

29. Mr. Titus was either an excellent chess player or a wonderful dominoes player.

30. 2012 was a rough year for NASA and all Space Center employees. Thanks, Obama.

31. Before 2012, you knew there was a shuttle launch scheduled simply because of the traffic in town.

32. The reason people go to Titusville High football games is to hear the Terrier Sound.

33. Getting a Target with a Starbucks in it was possibly the best thing that ever happened to Titusville.

34. The biggest rivalry in town is the Titusville YMCA versus Parrish Health and Fitness Center.

35. Sand Point Park is the best place to spend the Fourth of July.

36. The Titusville Play House is underrated.

37. The sonic boom is one the scariest things you will ever feel.

38. No one who doesn't want frightening images in their head should never go to Pier 13. Ever.

39. Mims is actually an acronym meaning Mother Is My Sister.

40. The movie theater in Searstown Mall has had so many makeovers that it needs it's own show.

41. The best place to hang out on Friday night is WalMart

42. Titusville is a great place to grow up.

43. When tragedy hits home, the entire city will be there to support.

44. Even though everyone wants to get out, no can can deny that Titusville is home.

In short, you know a lot if you grew up in Titusville, Florida. But most importantly, you know that you can leave Titusville, but it will always be in your heart, no matter how far away you go.