41 Psalms To Encourage America During This Election's Conclusion

This country does not lie within the limits of what our President can do, but within the limitless powers of the God who created not only this country, but the entire world.

142

Finally, after what felt like a lifetime of deplorable name-calling and crooked controversy, the presidential election draws to a close. Without a doubt, hundreds of thousands of online voices will erupt in the coming weeks while American voters exercise their First Amendment right with all praise, defamation and disgust regarding the electoral outcome. The internet will blow up faster than you can say “grab-her-by-the-you-know-what,” and the moment the confetti falls, all opinions will just grow confusing and cluttered.

Thankfully, we have been gifted with the most reliable, non-politically skewed and sovereign voice this election has to offer: Scripture.

God’s Word is not a lie; it does not cower away from the truth nor is it corrupt. Despite the crazy hurt in our society and the fear Americans might feel, the Lord remains sovereign over everything; He knew the ballot results before our candidates even stepped foot in their first “government basics” class back in fourth grade.

Therefore, let's turn to the Psalms and allow God to speak to us during our country's transition.

Psalm 4:3

“But know that the Lord has set apart the Godly for Himself; the Lord hears when I call to Him.”

Psalm 4:8

“In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

Psalm 7:8

“The Lord judges the peoples; judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me.”

Psalm 8:3

“When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You care for him?”

Psalm 16:11

“You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

Psalm 18:30

“This God -- His way is perfect, the Word of the Lord proves true, He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.”

Psalm 25:4-5

“Make me to know Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day long.”

Psalm 27:14

“Wait for the Lord, be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”

Psalm 29:11

“May the Lord give strength to His people! May the Lord bless His people with peace!”

Psalm 33:4

“For the word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness.”

Psalm 33:8-9

“Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him! For He spoke, and it came to be; He commanded, and it stood firm.”

Psalm 37:4

“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desire of your heart.”

Psalm 43:3

“Send out Your light and Your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling!”

Psalm 46:1-2

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way.”

Psalm 46:10

“Be still, and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Psalm 47: 2-3

“For the Lord, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth. He subdued peoples under us, and nations under His feet.”

Psalm 56:3-4

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in You. In God, whose Word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?”

Psalm 63:3

“Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You.”

Psalm 66:5

“Come and see what God has done: He is awesome in His deeds toward the children of man.”

Psalm 85:4,6

“Restore us again, O God of our salvation… Will you not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?”

Psalm 90:1

“Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.”

Psalm 97:1

“The Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the many coastlands be gald!”

Psalm 99:1

“The Lord reigns; let the people tremble! He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake!”

Psalm 100:3

“Know that the Lord, He is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.”

Psalm 105:4-5

“Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that He has done.”

Psalm 106: 1

“Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His steadfast love endures forever.”

Psalm 111:7

“The works of His hands are faithful and just; allHis precepts are trustworthy.”

Psalm 115:1

“Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your name give glory, for the sake of Your steadfast love and Your faithfulness!”

Psalm 125:2

“As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people, from this time forth and forevermore.”

Psalm 130:5

“I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I hope.”

Psalm 145:8-9

“The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and His mercy is over all that He has made.”

Psalm 150:6

“Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!”

Psalm 146: 3

“Put not your trust in presidents, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.”

During the conclusion of this upsetting race, we must allow the Lord to remind us how the winner of the presidential seat does not hold the ultimate future of our nation in their palm. Instead, this proves the job of the designer, creator and protector of our country.