40 Things For Every College Student To Keep In Mind

Take a breath. You're doing better than you think!

114
Julia Davis

1. Five classes are plenty to keep you busy.

2. Get involved and stay involved!

3. If opportunity knocks, open the door! You won't regret it.

4. Know your limits!

5. Don't burn yourself out in the first year.

6. Extracurriculars are fun, but keep your priorities in order.

7. Remember you have fours years to do fun stuff! You don't have to do everything in the first year.

8. You won't have the same friends you had at the beginning of the year at the end of the year.

9. You're going to make tons of new friends!

10. You're going to lose some friends along the way.

11. Not everyone is meant to be in your life and that's okay!

12. Don't judge someone based on what you've heard about them from other people.

13. Give everyone a chance. Some people will shock you if you just give them a chance.

14. Make friends who aren't in your greek organization and who aren't greeks at all!

15. Be kind. Always.

16. It's okay to have off days. Everyone has them.

17. Don't jump into a romantic relationship that you're not ready for!

18. Don't lose sight of why you came to college.

19. It is better to have values than to have followers.

20. Not everything is as great as it looks on social media.

21. Don't be afraid to reach out to someone if you think they're having a hard time.

22. Don't be afraid to just talk to people!

23. College is one of the best times to build connections.

24. Partying is fun but don't lose yourself to the party scene.

25. Remember not everyone will value you the way you want to be valued.

26. Don't be afraid to leave bad things in your past.

27. College is one of the only times when life will give you a "fresh start." Keep that in mind when choosing what to carry with you from your past.

28. It is okay to say "no"

29. Watch out for your friends.

30. You will be treated how you treat others.

31. Not everyone is going to like you and that's okay.

32. Use the policy "quality over quantity" when choosing friends.

33. Watch what you say. You never know who is friends with who.

34. Be generous with compliments! You'll make someone's day.

35. Making mistakes is okay as long as you learn from them.

36. Call your parents. They miss you.

37. Be grateful for where you are!

38. Learn to enjoy the little things.

39. Live in the moment but plan for the future.

40. Success is at your fingertips. Work for it. You got this.