40 Signs You're Still A Little Kid At Heart

Hold onto your inner child.

565
Deirdre Sidlauskas

They say that "growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional". They also say that "age is just a number". I say that they're absolutely right and you should never let go of your inner child. Life was a lot simpler as a kid. It was easy to be happy and amused by the smallest of things. Just because you may be what they call a "grown-up" now, doesn't mean that you have to be completely mature all of the time. That's so boring. Don't outgrow the things that brought you joy back then. If you can relate to any part of this list, then you know what I'm talking about. If you're still a little kid at heart, don't lose it.

1. You’re tempted to touch anything and everything that looks soft or like it would feel cool.

2. Your mom still tells you not to touch anything when you go into expensive stores.

3. You say “my mom's going to kill me” at least once a day.

4. You still never say no to your parents when they offer you money.

5. You get equally as excited now in a candy store as you did then.

6. You still pretend pretzel sticks are cigars.

7. You don’t leave the bank without a lollipop.

8. If given the choice to pick your Band-Aid in the doctor’s office, you treat it as a serious decision.

9. You still dramatically exhale to see your breath when it's cold outside.

10. You still have a blankie or stuffed animal you can't sleep without.

11. “Can I have chicken tenders and french fries please?”

12. You still prefer the kids menu.

13. You get offended when they don’t ask you for the kids menu.

14. Getting called ma’am makes you want to throw up.

15. You still want your mom to make appointments for you.

16. You panic and wonder, “What do I say?” when she makes you schedule appointments on your own. (Even though it's so simple).

17. You still ask every year if you can leave cookies for Santa.

18. Christmas morning isn’t Christmas morning without Christmas jammies.

19. You still wake up at the crack of dawn to open presents.

20. You’re still mesmerized by the fishes in the fish tank at the doctor’s office.

21. It takes all of your being to not cry at the dentist.

22. There’s still no better feeling than getting a new toothbrush.

23. Swirly straws are still amazing.

24. Apple juice and chocolate milk are still your drinks of choice.

25. You understand that regular mac n' cheese and character mac n' cheese do not taste the same.

26. You still know every word to every Backstreet Boys song and all the dance moves to every Brittney Spears video.

27. You’re willing to pay money to see movies like “Minions” and other cartoons.

28. You get way too excited and competitive at any chance to swing on the swings, jump on a trampoline, go in a bouncy house, etc.

29. “Can we get ice cream?” after doing something you don’t want to.

30. Disney movies are everything.

31. You can’t resist the urge to play a piano whenever you see one.

32. Sledding and building snowmen still bring you an ample amount of joy.

33. Onesies? Yes.

34. You make a duck beak every time you eat Pringles.

35. You take your Oreos apart to eat the frosting.

36. You crave Dunkaroos.

37.You take your grilled cheeses cut in fours.

38. You can’t say no to hide and seek.

39. You haven’t yet mastered the act of neatly eating an ice cream cone.

40. You live for birthday parties.