The life of a student athlete is comprised primarily of schedules, workouts, and most importantly food. College athletes are generally in a perpetual state of fatigue, and most have probably attempted to sleep, shower and eat at the same time. Our closets are filled with Nike, our days are filled with activity, and our hearts are filled with the of the love of the game (on most days). Below are a compilation of thoughts that most student-athletes have on a daily basis.
1. Do you think we're running today?
2. How many laps do you think we have to do?
3. I don't think I've not been sore in two weeks.
4. How long have I had that bruise?
5. I can probably skip a shower tonight...
6. No wait, I really need to bathe myself.
7. Do I even own any non-athletic clothes?
8. People in my classes probably think I just naturally smell terrible.
9. No, I just worked out before this, people. Let's keep the judgmental thoughts to a minimum.
10. I really need to do laundry.
11. Oh wait, I have one more sports bra left. Laundry can wait until tomorrow.
12. Can I wear this sweatshirt even though I wore it yesterday? (And the day before?)
13. Do I have time to get a snack?
14. Will people judge me for taking the elevator?
15. Too bad -- because I am. Leg day, people.
16. A nap would be phenomenal right now.
17. If I leave campus and go home now, I will have approximately 27 minutes to nap.
18. Is it worth it?
19. Of course it is.
20. When is the next day I get to sleep in?
21. Ahh, six days from now. Good.
22. Why am I always hungry?
23. I would do illegal things for a bagel right now.
24. I wonder it's like to have "free time."
25. What would I even do with free time?
26. Maybe take up a hobby.
27. Like knitting.
28. I need coffee right now.
29. I need that heavenly, caffeine-based nectar in my belly. Right now.
30. I wonder how long practice will be today.
31. I just really hope we don't have to run afterwards.
32. "Get on your running shoes, girls!" *Screams internally*
33. How do people look so good for class?
34. I think my hair has been in a bun every day this week.
35. What uniform are we wearing tomorrow?
36. Ugh, I haven't washed that one yet.
37. OK, I guess I am doing laundry tonight.
38. I wonder what its like to not play a sport in college.
39. Probably a lot different.
40. But I wouldn't have it any other way.