4 TV Shows 90s Babies Would Love To See Come Back

In light of "The PowerPuff Girls" reboot, here are a few more 90s favorites that should come back to TV.

17
Wiffle Gif

90s babies love our TV shows, there’re what we were brought up on; the characters basically helped shape our personalities and sense of sarcasm, among other things. With the emergence of a "PowerPuff Girl" reboot, there are four other shows that some of us would like to see given a second life:

1. "Lizzie McGuire"

All of us remember Disney’s series starring Hilary Duff going through all things middle school has to offer, and I’m sure I’m not alone in admitting I cried when the series ended back in 2004. Although the movie is amazing, I think a lot of people would love to see Lizzie again. This series was one of the starters for girl power shows on Disney Channel, making way for "Hannah Montana, "Shake it Up!" and other shows that are currently on air. One way it could be achieved rather well would be to create a continuation of the series, giving the focus to Lizzie’s daughter in "Girl Meets World" style.

2. "Kim Possible"

So this was another easy choice, because let’s face the facts: Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable were the original OTP. This show was awesome, showing young girls in the early 2000s that you could be everything you wanted to be. The protagonist is smart, popular, kind and a total boss at saving the world. Also, let’s not forget everyone’s favorite naked mole rat, Rufus! Sometimes I really thought that little guy was more popular with fans than Kim herself, he even got his own song and music video! With this being a cartoon the continuation would be much easier, and has more flexibility. You could pick up right where the original left off, or you could go down the timeline a bit and show the original cast all grown up with families of their own (honestly with this I’d be more interested in how the “Tweebs” turned out).

3. "Ed, Edd, n Eddy"

So we’re departing from the girl power shows now, and going into something that was almost entirely comedic. "Ed, Edd n Eddy" was a show about three friends—who just happened to share variations on the same name—doing whatever scheme they could think of to earn money to buy the humongous and aptly named Jawbreakers. This show was basically my generation’s version of "The Three Stooges" and so many people I know lament the fact it ended so abruptly.

4. "Courage The Cowardly Dog"

Ok, honest question, did anyone not love Courage? This little dog was a furry and animated Neville Longbottom. He was terrified of everything (even his own shadow) but whenever Muriel was in trouble, he would pluck up his strength and face whatever was in his way to save her. This show was all about the meaning of courage and bravery: not simply having the absence of fear, but having the inner strength to face those fears when presented with them. This is something that every generation should learn, and why shouldn’t it come from a lovable, little, pink dog with a hole in his tooth?