4 Things You Should Be Doing Every Day

4 Things You Should Be Doing Every Day

Following these tips can be very beneficial in many ways.

10

I can easily say that ever since I began following these tips, I have improved on both a physical and emotional level. They have really changed my perspective on numerous issues in a positive way.

1. Give someone a genuine compliment.

This is a habit that I've been trying to get into for several years now, and I truly believe it has not only shaped my personality in the eyes of others, but it has also changed my mindset. It helps you look at the positive side of things and strive to be a better person. Brightening someone else's day can be a very rewarding, and it has many other psychological benefits as well.

2. Spend 10 minutes every morning planning out your day.

Numerous studies have found that every 15 minutes spent planning drastically increases productivity, to the point where many people are able to conserve up to two hours daily on their schedules. Taking the time to make a list of what you want to accomplish first thing after waking up will help you stay more organized and be more time efficient.

3. Exercise.

Okay, this is a very simple one, but it is very often overlooked, especially by high school students. It can be difficult to find time to exercise and stay active (I can say this from personal experience), but exercising improves overall health and makes you more productive and engaged in the long run.

4. Spend 5 minutes every night reflecting on your day.

This has been one of the most helpful tips for me. Reflecting on your day helps you find areas of self-improvement and see how you could have prevented an incident or made your day better than it was. Like the second point I made, it helps you more deeply understand what you want to accomplish in life and how you can achieve those goals.