4 Things To Do When You Don't Feel Like Doing Anything

Sometimes, life doesn't feel all that exciting. Maybe the things that you used to look forward to now just feel like tasks you have to get through. It feels as if you keep living the same day over and over. When you just don't feel like you, take a deep breath, and here's what to do.

Start with forgiveness and compassion.

You've been working so hard to get everything done that you've forgotten why you're doing what you're doing. When you feel disinterested in the things that make you happy, it feels like nothing can bring you joy. Don't beat yourself up for feeling the way you do. Think of yourself as a plant that maybe needs more sunlight or more water. It's not the plant's fault it's struggling to grow, sometimes it's the environment that needs adjusting. Forgive yourself and adjust your environment so slowly you can bloom too.

Do what needs to be done for today.

Take it minute by minute. Honor your commitment to the right now. Do what absolutely has to be done for the day, even if it seems impossible. You can do this. All it takes is one push to get the ball rolling.

If you can, get some fresh air.

Whether it is opening the window or going for a walk, getting fresh air into your lungs will help you feel alive again.

Commit to taking care of yourself and your needs.

This can be really difficult. But, you can't pour from an empty cup. In order to feel motivated and inspired again, you have to commit to going back to your roots. You know yourself better than anyone else. You've got your back, you can do this. You will feel whole again even if you are broken right now. It doesn't happen overnight, but you'll get there.