4 Things to Add to Your Small Office Space

Say hello to increased creativity and productivity.

2056

Having an office space that not only fosters creativity but that's comfortable is crucial to being productive. We all know that feeling when the afternoon rolls around that we start feeling sluggish.

Our backs start to cramp and our minds begin to wonder onto other things besides our blog or business. To prevent that 3 o'clock slump, here are three things to make your office space a little less dreary, even if it's small.

Vision Board

What exactly is a vision board, you ask? It's similar to a mood board except it's made up of images that provoke how you want to feel, particularity in the future.

But you can also include photos of things that you want to accomplish. That may be a big house on a mountain top, a luxury car or the best shop in town. Pick images that move you and will ultimately help you to remain on course for the things that need to get done throughout the day.

Forget making your vision board on Pinterest. Print out the pictures and place them on a bulletin board that surrounds your computer. Every time you look away from the screen, you'll be reminded of why you're doing what you're doing in the first place.

A Comfy Chair

One thing that prevents me from continually being productive is the type of seating I have. My back begins to cramp where all I can think about is my pain.

That's why picking a chair that's comfortable is vital. Instead of focusing on pain, you'll be able to focus on the tasks at hand.

Opt for chairs with lumbar support. They'll help you sit up straight and keep your spine aligned.

Good Lighting

Sometimes, a desk lamp won't cut it. When you're working well into the late hours, it can be discouraging when you look away from your office space to find the rest of the house pitch black. I don't know about you but when that happens to me, I feel instantly tired.

That's why overhead lighting is best. While this may be an expensive upgrade, consider getting customized lighting or a chandelier instead.

It'll give you light in every corner of your small office while also adding a stylish touch. No longer will your office feel like a desk in a bedroom but a space for creativity and productivity to flourish.

Plants

You don't have to consider yourself a "plant lady" to place some greenery around your office. One or two plants will be enough to boost your mood and clear toxins out of the area.

Not only will you be able to breathe better but think better as well.