3 reasons why Paul George should be the MVP
Education

Houston Rocket's James Harden is considered to be the "odd-on" favorite to win the NBA MVP award for the second year in a row, however there are great contenders this year such as Giannis Antetokounmpo from the Milwaukee Bucks and Paul George from the Oklahoma City Thunder, but Paul George is the most consistent out of 3 candidates and here's why!

48

1. His leadership.

Thriving!

The first season when Paul George arrived in OKC with Carmelo Anthony and they were supposed to go toe to toe with the Golden State Warriors, but Oklahoma City Thunder finished fourth in the conference with a 48-34 record and they only won two games against the Utah Jazz. Right when the Thunder lost in the first round, the rumors about where Paul George was going began to surface. Paul George decided to stay in Oklahoma City and so far his numbers gone up and the team is more cohesive.

2. He makes it easier for Russell Westbrook.

Best duo ever!

One thing that I love about Paul George is that he is a great teammate to Russell Westbrook. Ever since Kevin Durant left Oklahoma City, people think that Russell Westbrook is a bad teammate and that is far from the truth. Russell Westbrook is still averaging great numbers, but he is letting Paul George take most of the workload rather just keeping the ball and shooting. Westbrook finally has someone that he can rely on to hit the winning shot after Kevin Durant left.

3. His Career Stats.

Russell Westbrook is considered to be a "ball hog" and who would have thought. So far, Paul George is averaging 28.2 points, 8.2 rebounds, 4.2 assists, and 31 blocks, while shooting 45% from the field. He is currently leading the league in steals which helps Oklahoma City defend effectively.

I know that there isn't a huge chance that Paul George will win MVP based on the numbers that James Harden and Giannis Antetokounmpo are putting up on there respective teams, however at the ever least he deserves to be in the conversation and Defensive Player of the Year, because of the career numbers that he putting up.