4 Reasons Why Florida Isn’t As Bad As Everyone Makes It Seem
Everything Else

Hear me out.

80
Aerial image of a Florida beach

I grew up in Germany. It's a beautiful country, but when you live there, you get to experience the real German culture. So, when I was twelve, I moved to Florida. And ever since then, all I've heard from people here is how horrible Florida is. I know if we have lived somewhere, we will grow dislikes. However, many Floridians have a lot of hate towards this state. And honestly, other states don't like us very much either. But let me give you some reasons why I would never live anywhere else again. Personally, I love it here, and I just want to remind some of you what Florida has that other states and other countries don't. This post is not here to change your mind on Florida, I just want to share my love for this state and spread some sunshine. Trust me, we have plenty!

1. The weather is insanely... amazing!

Sunshine shining through palm trees

Unsplash

Yes, I know it can get hot. However, compared to many other states and countries, a lot of us have air conditioning. When things get too hot, we can also jump in the pool at any time of the day. And a huge reason why the weather is so amazing is because seasonal depression has a much lower chance in the sunshine state. Seasonal depression is a real thing and having sun all year round is a true privilege. Imagine sitting at home for three to six months out of the year and just seeing rain and clouds. I'd rather be a little sweaty than not see sunlight for months at a time.

2. Floridians attitudes are also amazing.

Girl smiling at a table

Unsplash

Growing up in a big city, I always heard the rude comments people made to each other. I'm not sure if it was just where I grew up, but it seems like people in the Sunshine State truly love sharing their happiness. No matter where you go, you are greeted with a smile and polite gestures. Like I said, the sun makes people happy and appreciative of this life.

3. We literally live where people vacation.

Pathway to a Florida beach

Unsplash

Some people dream of seeing the beach just once in their lives. They work for many years to be able to afford a trip to a beach destination. But we get to be near a beach all year long. Every year, on Christmas day, my family and I drive to the nearest beach and remind ourselves how lucky we are. I grew up in a big city, and the closest I got to the beach was a river in my town. And trust me, it was not the same.

4. There is a tremendous amount of cultures represented in Florida.

Street in Wynwood, Miami

Unsplash

If you step outside of your comfort zone and meet new people, you can learn a lot from their stories. Many people in Florida are from somewhere else and have made it their own paradise here. You go down a street and there are twenty different kinds of restaurants and much more culture behind them. I have met more people with different stories than I could have ever imagined. Every part of Florida has some interesting people living there.

When you've lived in a place your whole life, you may want to experience something different.