7 Ways To Make The Most Of Your 2020 Summer If Your Live In Miami, FL

Dreariness shouldn't control our lives, so we have to make the most out of our situation.

338

Summer is upon us, so it's important to make the most out of our Coronavirus situation! Many of the items on this list can be done from anywhere around the world, not necessarily Miami, to give options to those who don't live in The Magic City. I hope you guys will love to incorporate some of these items into your quarantine summer!

1. Vizcaya Museum & Gardens 

If you live in the general vicinity of the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, you will surely know of the beauty and prosperity surrounding the buildings and artifacts. Though the indoor exhibits may be closed due to Covid-19, you can still enjoy the lush greenery and natural beauty of the outside world without having to drive thousands miles from your home!

2. Margaret Pace Park

This urban park in Downtown Miami is the hit place to go during quarantine. It's relaxing aura is what attracts so many visitors, and it's calming place to view the bay. However, be protected with gloves and a mask if you do decide to visit. It's also has enough room for a some visitors to come and exercise to their hearts content.

3. Sea World 

Sea World is known to be a wide attraction in Florida, especially for the iconic whale, Shamu. With the Coronavirus over our heads, Sea World has decided to open their parks on specific days in the month at one of their 3 locations at limited capacity. Check the website further for updates to future park openings in July and August.

4. Crack down your skill learning to-do list 

Many of us need a lot of spare time and energy in order to learn a new skill set, whether that may be cooking or learning how to write in Java or Python. It's important to realize to not overlook the activities that can be done within the comfort of our home.

5. Grow an orange tree

Florida's state fruit is an orange, depicting it's tropical and sunny climate, especially during the summer. Enjoy some of these tropical fruits during the dreaded heat time, and what better than to grow them from the safety of your backyard!

6. Online shopping

Online shopping is a great way to bring in a new light and life to your home, since quarantine has been making normal life dimmer and dimmer. You can get anything from a cute dress to new furniture shipped within a few days to your home. Not to mention, it's the safest way to enjoy shopping to your hearts content!

7. Make time for family and friends 

Humans are social animals at heart, and quarantine only makes it harder to live the normal life. Isolation is not the best state for the human mind and body, so leaving our homes seem the only way to take out the dreariness in our lives. However, we overlook how much a simple phone call or video chat might do to brighten our days as well those who we get in contact with. Technology has adapted our species to stay connected from miles away, especially during times like this. So, call up that old friend of yours!