4 Reasons It Is Appropriate To Post Song Lyrics

Sometimes songs just describe you better than you can yourself.

3157
Tumblr

Posting song lyrics as a Facebook status, Instagram caption or a tweet is something that people either believe is cliche, or incredibly descriptive; there is no middle ground. Personally, I am the kind of person who believes that lyrics to a song are more important than the music itself, so of course, if I recently have fallen in love with a song, I want to share it with my entire network of friends! Here are some reasons that I believe posting song lyrics on social media is appropriate

1. Lyrics can describe you better than words can.

At times, when I'm feeling angry, sad, excited or passionate about something, chances are I listen to a song that conveys my mood somehow. If the music is positive and you're really feeling connected to that song, there should be no reason NOT to post it to your status.

2. Songs can get stuck in your head easily.

If I have been listening to the same song on repeat all day and I take a selfie that day, or if I was listening to the song while taking said selfie, I feel like it is acceptable enough to set it as the caption. Sometimes the song can even describe the picture (or at least, it looks like it does). Sometimes even posting it is like writing it down and gets it out of your head so you can finally stop obnoxiously singing at the top of your lungs if you're into that sort of thing.

3. It can connect you with other friends/followers that have a similar music taste.

While we have the ability to list the music we like on Facebook, or put it in our Twitter/ Instagram bios, not everyone takes the time out to read that. There is a better chance that someone would see song lyrics on their news feed and like it (or even LOVE it with this new option Facebook built in). Personally, people have even commented or messaged me for posting certain song lyrics, mentioning that they like the same artist as well, and that has started friendships.

4. In the end, it's your social media page.

The Facebook status bar asks "what's on your mind?" and all bios instruct you to write a little bit about yourself. If lyrics are on your mind and if they describe you, then there's no reason you shouldn't express yourself without worrying about someone rolling their eyes at another lyrics post.

Granted, it's always going to depend on the song. If you post the entire song, copied from Google Play, especiallywhen it has little attributions like "[CHORUS]" and "[VERSE 2]" in it, it's going to look bad. And if the lyrics are extremely profane, talking about questionable material, that is another red flag. But if your favorite song comes on the radio and you can't hold back, let the whole world know how much you love it.