35 Ways To Pass Time In Class

35 Ways To Pass Time In Class

How to pretend you're taking notes when you are doing literally anything else.

58243
35 Ways To Pass Time In Class
Kaitlyn Crouch

We all have that class. The class in which attendance is mandatory but participation is unnecessary. The professor drones on and on, summarizing the homework you (surprisingly) read. Or the entire class is designed to work through the issues people having with the homework that you (even more surprisingly) had no trouble with. Maybe you don't have a good excuse but you just cannot pay attention to the class.

As a junior in college, I have become a bit of an expert of distracting myself during a class. The tips I'm about to share make it appear as if you are taking notes on the lecture. The key is to engage your mind so you do not fall asleep and to camouflage yourself among your more productive and probably more successful classmates.

1. Write as many words in Spanish you can remember.

2. See how many countries you can name.

3. Plan your next tattoo.

4. Divide the time you spend in class as many ways as possible.

5. List the state capitals.

6. Make a bucket list.

7. Practice your cursive.

8. Draw your professor.

9. Create a creature by combining three other creatures.

10. Start your memoirs.

11. Sketch your Halloween costume ideas.

12. Write a hate note to the brown-noser that just won't stop talking.

13. Name your future children.

14. Name your future cats.

15. Name your future dogs.

16. Name your future husbands.

17. List an animal for every letter in the alphabet.

18. List your classmates in alphabetical order.

19. Write a letter to your mom. She deserves it.

20. Draw a kangaroo.

21. Write down all the ways you would make this class more interesting.

22. Write a poem.

23. Make a schedule for the rest of your day.

24. Make a list of the top ten places you would like to live one day.

25. Make a list of the top ten places you would hate to live ever.

26. Plan your fall break.

27. List your favorite deserts.

28. Completely fill in a line of your paper only using vertical lines.

29. Make Top Ten Lists of the places you've seen.

30. Make a list of movies to watch this semester.

31. See if you can name all your classmates.

32. See if you can name all the teachers you've ever had.

33. Write your Top Five Celebrity Crushes.

34. Calculate the number of hours/classes you have left in your college career.

35. Write your next Odyssey Article.