35 Things I Did Instead Of Packing For College

Procrastination is my best friend.

49
Top Global Movers LLC

The fall 2016 semester is literally less than two weeks away for many college students everywhere. For me, my first day is August 15. That means move-in day is sometime in the very near future. Am I prepared? Have I packed anything? Absolutely, I have not. Maybe this is because the novelty of going off to college wore off a couple of semesters ago, so I just don't feel like it. Or it could be the fact that I live my life through intense procrastination. Who knows why I've put this off until the last minute. No, seriously. Who knows? I had all summer. While I will begin packing my life away to move into my apartment very soon, here are 100 things I did instead of packing for college.

1. I re-watched "The Office" in its entirety for the sixth time.

2. I woke up with the intention of cleaning and packing but then looked at the vast amount of crap I had to sift through and promptly went back to bed.

3. I started several shows I had never seen before: "Preacher," "Dark Matter," "Greenleaf," "Outlander" and "Power."

4. I bought way too many things off of Amazon that I did not need because my free trial of Amazon Prime Student was ending.

5. I went to TWO Urban Licks, and I ate and ate and ate.

6. I accidentally let a grasshopper into my house and soon found a family of grasshoppers living in my bedroom.

7. I started doing Aztec Indian Healing Clay Masks.

8. I synchronized my fall 2016 course schedule to my Google Calendars.

9. I stopped using Shea Moisture hair products in favor of Taliah Waajid's product line.

10. I played hours and hours of Super Smash Bros. 4.

11. I grew out my fingernails.

12. I ate a Zaxby's Wings and Things Meal with Insane sauce.

13. I stopped using Apple TV and started using Google Chromecast.

14. I switched ramen noodle brands. Goodbye, Maruchan. Hello, Mama.

15. I saw "The Conjuring 2," "Central Intelligence," "The Purge: Election Year" and a ton of other movies.

16. I went to the Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse.

17. I got renter's insurance.

18. I drove over 5,000 miles doing inventories for my summer job.

19. I contemplated dyeing my afro puffs.

20. I bought some new running shoes.

21. I discovered that my car's USB outlet is only compatible with the iPhone and iPod. My Android works just fine with my trusty AUX cord, so I don't care.

22. I watched way too many family-pet-meets-newborn-baby-videos on YouTube.

23. I spent hours on Pinterest trying to find easy recipes to make for this semester.

24. I took advantage of Macy's Black Friday in July Sale and bought some much needed kitchen appliances. Saved more than I spent.

25. I decided to drop my plans to go to law school.

26. I ate a DiGiorno pizza.

27. I almost sobbed over the amount of money I will be forced to spend on my textbooks this semester.

28. I bought an area rug.

29. I unintentionally finished an entire bottle of Sriracha.

30. I watched "The Wedding Planner," "Leap Year," "The Switch" and "Rumor Has It" on Netflix back to back to back to back.

31. I figured out how to keep the Wi-Fi from cutting out in my room.

32. I binged all of Shonda's shows on Netflix: "Grey's Anatomy," "How To Get Away With Murder," "Scandal."

33. I attempted to get in shape for a hot minute. There was a disastrous run with those running shoes.

34. I created this ridiculous list for Odyssey.

35. I met a guy and it basically amounted to nothing at all.