34 College Moments, As Told By 'SpongeBob SquarePants'

A nautical yellow sponge and a college student have a lot in common.

692
Vimeo

"SpongeBob SquarePants" is everyone's most beloved and favorite Nickelodeon TV show. We all know that. His sense of humor and silliness can lighten up any kind of mood we're in. Even as an adult, I'm still rolling on the floor because he makes me laugh. Oddly enough, this nautical sponge and his fun sea friends have a lot in common with college students. Let's see if you can relate! I bet you can't get through this without laughing.

1. You have an 8 A.M. every morning.

You're dead tired, not able to function, and ready to cry. Your eyes are bloodshot, but maybe your heart is still alive and willing to learn something new. Pushing through is your only option because skipping and sleeping will just make everything worse.

2. You and your best friend see a cute guy on campus, so you give each other "the look".

He's tall, dark, and handsome. You look at your BFF and give them that "look". Chances are, though, he's unavailable. How upsetting.

3. You try to understand the material of your classes, but it seems almost impossible.

The syllabus is in a different language and it's hard to read. The material for your classes is just not adding up. How is this supposed to be good? You've been here too long to care anymore.

4. Coffee is absolutely necessary!

Yes, this is true. Although I do not like coffee, I know many other students would agree with me that coffee saves everything. It can keep you from falling apart and losing your cool. I know lots of people need it to survive, so I give them props!

5. The WiFi goes out every other minute, but you pay too much money to stay calm.

Yes, this is the worst and you know it. Every student is on this WiFi; of course, it's going to fail. But it fails too often. There's no excuse. You pay so much money to receive your education and diploma, so you have every right to freak out.

6. You assist freshmen trying to find their way around campus.

The campus is big, so giving directions can be difficult. It's even worse when you're helping freshmen and they don't have a clue. It's okay though! You love helping everybody out and making their lives a little simpler.

7. You're doing your best balancing eating, school work, extracurricular activities, sleep, and a social life.

You have work tonight, 2 online exams due tomorrow, and yet your body is craving sleep. You're lucky to get 6 hours because of how busy you are! Wait, what are friends? What's food? Sometimes this may seem impossible to juggle, but everyone is in the same boat as you.

8. In the winter, walking around campus going from class to class is like marching through a cyclone.

I mean, really! Going against those gusts of wind is a challenge. Why is it so intense in the winter? Rowan students, you know where I'm getting at. We're trapped in a wind tunnel and it doesn't get better until April, at the very least. Don't even bother doing your hair because it's going to end up in knots anyway.

9. The line for food is always long wherever you go.

I wish you the best of luck. I only had a meal plan when I was a freshman, and it was so great! However, the lines are always long and it takes up way too much time. I'm so glad I have my own kitchen.

10. When you have classes with tons of people you don't know...

It's like a shot in the dark. You will never know the students' names unless you make friends with them or you have to do a group paper with them. Meeting new people can be hard, but it's not always permanent.

11. Having a class with students you don't like can be a pain, too.

Your focus and concentration are always interrupted because there are those students who just never leave you alone. It happens, and we have experienced it at least once. Grin and bear it. Focus on you, but still be nice to them.

12. Napping is life!

Every college student has to relate to this one. Everyone naps, whether they want to admit it or not. I'm not a napper, but sometimes it hits and I just need to chill. The workload of school can put tons of weight on your shoulders, so catching some z's isn't so bad.

13. When Friday night hits, you party hard.

The end of the week calls for some outing time. Whether it's going out to dinner or having a dance party with some pretty cool music, you know how to have fun and make it the best.

14. When you're late to class, you run. Fast.

Every student is different, but I'm the type to sprint my butt off to class if I'm running late to a class. Some students don't care and blow it off, but this gif actually depicts me making my way to class. In high school, you might have gotten away with it, but college is no joke.

15. The cafeteria food isn't the best, but you eat it anyway.

I learned this my freshman year. Eating in the cafeteria was nice because it was buffet style. But the food tore up my insides to the point of pain. It's horrible. You have to take advantage of the meal plan, but at the same time, you want real food.

16. You have plenty of moments where you think your life is falling apart rapidly.

Breakdowns are okay. I've learned that. It happens to the best of us! We try to put the fire out, but sometimes it doesn't chill out right away.

17. But the sun rises every day, so maybe life isn't so terrible, and school will get better.

Yes, life can be hard. But every day is a new day and life does get better. Usually, when something negative happens to me, a positive thing will sprout from it. Keep your head up!

18. You love it when your classes get canceled!

Need I say more? It makes your day, and that saves more time for sleep, exercise, and doing more homework. Do your happy dance and celebrate!

19. No one really cares about what you wear in college, so you bring out your wackiest and dorkiest outfits.

Who cares if your hair is a mess? It's knotty and tricky, but that's another problem for another time. You bring out the old t-shirts with holes in them and the bleached sweatpants. In high school, you didn't want to be seen like this. College changes everything when you don't care what anyone thinks.

20. Your professors totally plan your exams and quizzes to be all on the same day.

I swear, they get together and plot out the worst day of your life. They enjoy making it miserable for you. You feel a lot like Squidward quite often.

21. You pull an all-nighter at least once every semester.

Research papers can kill you. PowerPoints are horrific. Notetaking is treacherous! Believe me, I know. I try my best not to stay up all night for work, but time management skills just break. It's understandable.

22. You miss your hometown, your parents, and your siblings from time to time.

You constantly think about all of the fun they're having without you, and you miss their company. Being home maybe wasn't so bad.

23. Okay, maybe all the time.

Yeah, you're suffering. It happens. I actually miss my family and my home all the time! I do not cry like this. Okay, maybe when I was a freshman.

24. Your professors can be total drags and it's irritating.

In one ear and out the other! They're talking gibberish and your head is pounding. Your mood is already down to a steady 4 out of 10 because it's all crap. But we need it all to graduate, so I guess this is useful.

25. Blowing off all of your assignments seems like a better idea than actually completing them.

Do you ever have a set plan and never follow it? This happens quite often. I want to spend a day doing homework, but then TV and food and life get in the way. It's funny but so dangerous.

26. You have a beautiful habit of binge-watching your favorite Netflix TV shows instead of being a productive adult.

This relates to the last point, as you're being lazy doing nothing. Instead of being responsible, you sit your butt on your bed and watch your favorite Netflix show or movie. Grab some popcorn and enjoy. Forget about your priorities until the next morning when it really matters.

27. You get sick at least three times each semester.

Your school's plague has caught you again! This is the absolute worst. Your nose is stuffy, your eyes are watery, and you are shivering to no end. You are unable to function. Therefore, school doesn't matter.

28. It takes you hours to write one word of your English essay.

Distractions are keeping you from completing your tough essay. With many breaks and thoughts in between, you are only able to write down a word or two. Focusing is very hard when you really don't care about the material.

29. Money goes out the door and it breaks your heart.

Fees, tuition, room and board, and loans. What more can you lose? Just think: the giant clam is your school's Bursar office and you're Mr. Krabs. How true can that get? College is all about money, whether it's positive or negative.

30. A day at the gym makes you feel like a beloved god/goddess.

Avoiding the Freshman 15 is very common. I mean, it doesn't feel good eating junky cafeteria food all the time. So you try the gym, which is so great! I personally recommend it! It takes away the daily stress. But after a day in the gym, you feel like gold.

31. You expect to do horribly on a hard test, but it turns out you did alright.

This is the best feeling in the entire world! You thought you blew it when you really scored big! Congratulations! You went in totally blind and you came out fried. To find out that you got a good grade was the best news.

32. Your patience wears thin because college is annoying.

The financial aid is giving you a hard time, your professors stink, and homework is piling up to your eyeballs. Everything around you is irritating. You need coffee.

33. Finals fry your brain and you just give up.

Studying for hours can hurt, and taking those exams can hurt. Your brain is definitely fried and done for, so putting it in the trash is how it really feels.

34. But most importantly, you have fun!

College is about being independent and having a blast. It only comes around once, so make the best of it! Although it's tough, it's worth it, and you'll look back on it and smile.