Report this Content
September the 22nd, is both Frodo and Bilbo Baggin's birthday in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. To legions of ringers world wide, this date is known as Hobbit day. Hobbit Day is an occasion of World wide celebration of everything Middle-earth (along with Tolkien Reading Day on March 25th). Events such as library celebrations to runs are celebrated.
If you can't make it to a celebration, there's hope! Try some of these quirky ideas to make Hobbit Day 2016 one for the ages.
1. Eat (Don't you dare diet!)
3.Go barefoot all day.
4. Watch every single Middle-earth movie (Extended Edition of course!)
5. Read through the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy (Yes, it is possible to do it in 24 hours)
6. Speak Quenya or Sindarin all day.
7. Submit any assignments in Elvish.
8. Memorize a Tolkien poem.
9. Throw a party for the dwarves in your life.
10. Write some Middle-earth fan fiction.
11. Tell riddles.
12. Take a nap with the One Ring (replica).
14. Search for elves in the forest.
15. Post about your secret "Lord of the Rings" crush.
16. Eat fish.
17. List everything you love about Middle-earth.
18...And everything "The Hobbit" films got wrong.
19. Refer to your cat as "My Precious" for the day.
20. Dress as a Tolkien character.
21. Try a new Tolkien book (There's more gold to be plundered).
22. Thank your best friend for always being there for you.
23. Rock your "Lord of the Rings" memorabilia.
24. Go to the beach
25. Work in the garden (It's a "Noble" Profession).
26. Talk Like Gollum.
27. Listen to Middle-earth soundtracks all day.
28. Write a Middle-earth themed Odyssey article.
29. Browse "Lord of the Rings" Internet Memes.
30. Cook some "po-tay-toes"
31. Go on an adventure.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.