30 Things I'm Thankful for in 2016

30 Things I'm Thankful for in 2016

I've been so blessed this year.

27
30 Things I'm Thankful for in 2016
Flickr.com

1) I'm thankful for my family, no matter if you're extended family, immediate or part of my soon-to-be -in-laws, I know I can always count on you all to be there.

2) I'm thankful for my high school friends who I'm still in touch with. Most of you all have been there since grade school and we've stood the test of time girls.

3) I'm thankful for my fiance. He's been my best friend for years and one of my biggest supporters while I've been in college.

4) I'm thankful for my home. Yes, a little old two-bedroom duplex may not seem like much to some people but I love my house. It's finally becoming ours as we start to decorate it for the holidays.

5) I'm thankful for my labor supervisor at Berea. Hallie has honestly become like a second mother to me and I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have our daily talks about everything and anything.

6) I'm thankful for the fact that I've made it to graduation (well almost but I'm really, really close). Trust me there were a lot of times I thought about throwing in the towel and going home.

7) I'm thankful for my health. I'm a little chubbier than I'd like (or my doctor would like me) to be but overall I'm healthy for my age and not in a hospital. I don't care for hospitals.

8) I'm thankful I have somewhere I can call home. I know no matter what happens that if I need to, I can go home and not have to worry about anything for a while.

9) I'm thankful I still have my grandparents. I don't know what I'd do without my Nana and Papaw. I'm over there every weekend when I'm home for a few hours.

10) I'm thankful for my education. I may not like Berea College majority of the times due to administrative decisions but I know I wouldn't have met the people I have if it wasn't for this school.

11) I'm thankful for my college friends. I don't know how college would have turned out for me without you all. I love each and every one of you and you know you're always welcome at my house no matter where it is. I WILL be back next semester to see you all at least once a month, promise.

12) I'm thankful that I'm saved. I know where my heart lies with Christ and I know where I'm going after this life. It's a great comfort in times of turmoil for me.

13) I'm thankful for my car. College would have been much much harder for me than it is if I wasn't able to go home to destress each weekend.

14) I'm thankful for the fact that I have a job after graduation. A lot of people don't and worry right up until graduation rather than enjoying their last year before the "real world" sets in.

15) I'm thankful for the fact that Justin and I have a job. We worry about bills occasionally and sometimes we stretch ourselves thin but we always pay our bills and rent and have food in our cabinets.

16) I'm thankful for the dirty dishes that are in my sink each week (even though I hate doing the dishes). It means we have food to eat and our bellies are full, which is a wonderful feeling.

17) I'm thankful for my past. I've learned from you and that's where you'll stay. A lesson in what not to do.

18) I'm thankful for my mom. The woman raised three kids who've all turned out pretty well even though I know we must have driven her crazy sometimes.

19) I'm thankful for my stepdad (I don't care for that term). He's loved three kids that he didn't have to as much as his own two and for that, I'll forever call him Dad.

20) I'm thankful for books. I escape into another world whenever I read and it helps me to relax and prepare myself for another day.

21) I'm thankful for my depression. No, I wouldn't wish it on anyone but it's made me stronger in ways I never dreamed possible. You don't know what you're capable of until all you want to do is cry and stay in bed but you get up and go to class anyways.

22) I'm thankful for music. When words fail, music is a language anyone can understand.

23) I'm thankful that I'm marrying my soulmate next month. I couldn't imagine life without him, it'd be very very dark and gloomy for me. He's my best friend first and foremost. But he's also the one who's stuck with me through thick and thin, even through the night during college where I'd call him crying over homework or from being sick in the middle of the night.

24) I'm thankful that I've made such good friends in college. I was so afraid in high school that I wouldn't find anyone in college to hang out with, but I've gained so much insight from learning about their lives and mine.

25) I'm thankful for my sister. Even though, we fought like cats and dogs when we were younger, now that we're both moved out I feel like we're better than ever. I can't wait to meet my twin niece(s)/nephew(s). You know they're gonna be spoiled as hell.

26) I'm thankful that I have such a good relationship with my little brother. I know I drive you nuts, Squish but I promise it's all out of love. Besides I'm the only one you'll let call you Squish so we've got something going good.

27) I'm thankful for the concerts I'm able to go to. We save all year to go to see our favorite artists and there's nothing more exhilarating to me than the rush you get from being surrounded by people who are just as in love with something as you are.

28) I'm thankful for the mini-trips Justin and I take. Road-trip partners for life, ya'll. He's the only person I can go on long drives with and not want to strangle by the end of it.

29) I'm thankful for the people I work with. Partners for Education has truly become a second family for me and it's going to be really hard to leave next month.

30) I'm thankful for all the things that have challenged me this year and for all the people who have uplifted me. It's because of all of you that I'm about to graduate. I love all of you.

-Brittany Nicole