3 Ways To De-Stress During COVID-19

3 Ways To De-Stress During COVID-19, Because It's SO Important To Take Time For Yourself

It's okay to take a break sometimes.

1361

Whether the stress of adjusting to online school or losing a job is getting you down, we all know that the effects of this pandemic have been nothing but stressful. While everyone is focusing on not getting sick, finding a job, and keeping up with school, no one has really found time to decompress. High levels of continued stress can not only lead to physical health issues but mental health issues as well. To make it a little easier, here are some ways you can de-stress during a time like this while staying safe and socially distanced.

1. Start a Netflix series 

After a long day of being hunched over a computer, nothing's better than getting into bed and watching Netflix. It allows your mind to finally focus on something other than school or the global pandemic. With thousands of choices, you're bound to find something you enjoy and a nice distraction from reality. This brain break is actually one of my favorite ways to de-stress, not only during these hard times but any time that I just need a break.

2. Re-organize your living space

One pattern I've noticed is that many people are catching bad cases of cabin fever. We're going through a time where staying at home is our best option, but many find it difficult to be in the same place for long periods of time. I've found it therapeutic to redecorate a little, whether it be moving some wall decor around or completely rearranging my furniture. This just allows for a slight change in scenery so you're not staring at the same thing constantly. For some, reorganizing drawers and closets can be de-stressing as well as it just lets you get rid of clutter for a clean living space.

3. Take advantage of some retail therapy

Sometimes the exciting feeling of waiting for your package to arrive is just what you need during a stressful time, even during a pandemic. Retail therapy, in moderation, has been getting many people through this year. Driving through neighborhoods, you normally see at least three houses with one or two Amazon packages on the doorsteps. It can also be rewarding. It makes all those hours of working from home worth it when you've finally worked enough hours to be able to afford something you really wanted.