3 Math Courses to Take to Clear the Rutgers SAS Math Core Requirements

3 Math Courses to Take to Clear  the Rutgers SAS Math Core Requirements

These three math classes teach mathematical content that is relatable to real-life situations.

2352
https://www.maxpixel.net/Technology-Mathematics-Maths-Count-Calculator-5020927

Are you thinking about which math class to take to clear the math requirements in the SAS core requirement? I have three suggestions listed below. However, you need to check the major requirements for these three math classes. Some majors cannot take these three classes or will not receive credit for taking these three classes. These three math classes teach mathematical content that is relatable to real-life situations.

1. Mathematics of Money

This math class teaches about money. You might already know some concepts about money in elementary school and middle school. This class teaches more about money. Your professor can share advice about saving money or what to do with money. This class teaches you many things about money like how to calculate how much money to save, how to calculate monthly payments, and how to calculate student loans.

2. Topics in Mathematics for Liberal Arts

This math class teaches about money, voting, and fair division. The concepts that have to do with money will cover some of the things that you learned in the mathematics of money class. The class shows charts of votes and surveys. You will hear about the elections as well. You get to know how to calculate the majority vote and who has the most or least power in a vote. You also get to know who wins or loses based on the voting method that is being implemented. You will learn how much each person will get when someone divides things like food and money in fair division.

3. Intro to Probability

This math class teaches about how probability is used in real-life situations like the chances of getting a false positive or false negative when testing for an illness. You will know some familiar concepts from elementary school and middle school. You get to learn how Pascal’s triangle works and how it will help you find the probability of an outcome.

If you ever take any of these math courses, then I hope that you will enjoy them.