3 Reasons Why We Love Sports

3 Reasons Why We Love Sports

People who aren’t as intrigued by sports as sports fans are ask all the time why we like sports as much as we do. There are plenty of reasons for us as sports lover to enjoy what we watch, but here are three reasons why we as sports fans act the way we do and love to watch sports.

7191
3 Reasons Why We Love Sports

You’re nervous. You, among many other people, have been waiting for this day for a couple months. The whole time you’ve been riding an emotional roller coaster. One day you couldn’t be happier and the next you just hate the world. On the bad days it seems like all you can think of is all the reasons you hate them. They just seem to only make you mad, but on the good days you sit there praising them on social media and to your friends. It’s like you’ve become a bipolar mess. What could this be though? Who and what are causing all these emotions? The answer is simple. It’s the end of your favorite team’s season, the championship game, and with a win you’ll be on cloud nine but with a loss it seems like you slip into a 48 hour depression. Being a sports fan can be hard sometimes.

1. The feeling of getting behind a team

When we begin to watch sports it's probably just because we liked the sport and enjoyed playing it. Football players watched football, basketball players watched basketball, etc. As we begin to watch a sport more and more we eventually pickup a favorite team and begin to back up and support them like we know them personally. When they win a game we feel as fans we just beat the world and when they lose we want to hide and avoid contact for a couple hours. Deep down we know we have no control of the outcome of the game but we still act like we do and become happy or upset with a win or loss.

2. Getting to talk smack

Talking smack is not a reason why people get into sports but once they do they learn how fun it can be. Your favorite team has a rival, those rivals have rival fans, and those rival fans want to beat you as much as you want to beat them. The week leading up to the big game your Twitter and Facebook are filled with hashtags and quick witty comments poking fun at the other team. It's a fun way to prepare for the game and once your team wins it only gets better because for probably a year your team's fans have backing to their smack talk

3. Sports and teams are an escape for some people

For a lot of people sports are a way to escape the world. Not everyday is great for people, so when a day, week, month, or even seems like the whole year is going bad watching a favorite team or just your favorite sport could cheer you up. Some days it doesn't matter whether they win or lose honestly, just getting to spend a hour or so watching them can be a nice little escape for people.

For the people who like for science to explain everything for you or it just makes it easier here's a little video to explain why some people obsess over sports.