3 Reasons Why YOU Should Join The Odyssey Online Writing Community

Writing for Odyssey has many benefits for you and the community you live in.

4
DonkeyHotey

The Odyssey Online is a writing community that allows young individuals to vent their opinions to the world. Here are three reasons why you should join.

1. Projection of YOUR Ideas

Let’s be real. We all have ideas about the way we want the world to be brewing in our heads. These ideas can relate to politics, sports, social issues, etc. The thing is that our ideas on how to make the world a better place never go further than just the simple idea in our head. Through The Odyssey Online, you can make something more of your ideas. By writing articles, you can create a medium to project your ideas out to the community. Hence, you can help implement your idea into others and get others involved in helping you make the world better.

2. Networking

Odyssey Online has over 1,200 writing communities and over 15,000 content creators. Thus, each community has roughly 12 to 13 writers. By joining a community, you can meet new people who have the same passion to write as you. You can connect with these people and learn about their opinions on the world through their writing.

3. Enhancement of Writing Skills

The better you are with your words, the better off you will be in life. In the real world, the ability to communicate your ideas is crucial. For example, let say you have a new idea on how to do something at work. In order for you to successfully convince your supervisor, you need to pitch your idea in informative and persuasive way. If you have not practiced your ability to express your ideas, then you will struggle to express your new work related idea. The Odyssey Online helps you practice portraying your ideas to the public.

The biggest requirement is that you have to write an article each week. The article gets edited by your assigned Editor-in-Chief ­­­and then it gets published the following week.

To join, you simply have to fill out an application here! Do not be afraid of the challenge, and try something new!