Boyfriends, Relax, Here Are 3 Reasons Your Girlfriend Needs To Go On Spring Break Without You

Your dad bod doesn't make you her dad, Brad.

914
Odyssey

In college, breaks are hard on relationships. You're used to being around each other a lot, and then suddenly you're not for an extended period of time, and it sucks.

Significant others tend to get a little uneasy when it comes time for spring break. Out of all of the college holiday breaks, this one has the biggest negative association with it.

In a healthy relationship, the two involved should be okay with having their own respective vacays. However, guys typically get a little more controlling when the bikini season rolls around, and here are some reasons they need to just chill out and let their girlfriend beach it up without them.

1. She's trustworthy enough to handle this, or else you wouldn't be with her in the first place.

Yeah, maybe your girlfriend is going to South Padre Island with a bunch of people from college that are maybe in fraternities, but that shouldn't matter. If you're an exclusive couple and have established these monogamous expectations, you shouldn't be freaking out about what could happen. If all you do is freak out on her and text her about what she's wearing or who's around her at all times, it's not going to be a fun spring break for either of you.

2. She should be able to build memories with her friends.

College is rough for everybody. Midterms just happened, and all she really wants to do is relax and maybe get a little lit with her friends. So, let her enjoy time with them, because she's allowed to have other people in her life other than you.

3. You're her boyfriend, not her father.

She honestly doesn't have to listen to you, but she probably will out of respect and a desire to maintain the relationship. But it's not right to abuse that love from her by setting up rules and restrictions on what she's "allowed" to do without you there. That's crazy, controlling, and toxic. Just because you have a dad bod, Brad, doesn't mean you're an authoritative figure to her.