3 Must-See Marquette Tumblr Pages

3 Must-See Marquette Tumblr Pages

You're gonna wanna see this.

9
3 Must-See Marquette Tumblr Pages
Dear Marquette Tumblr

Instagram. Snapchat. Twitter. Facebook. That's how our generation judges and jokes, socializes and shares, brags and boasts. And at one point or another, a thing called Tumblr was considered in the mix of top social media sites. It's not as popular as the rest today, but I still enjoy it. And recently, I've come across some of the coolest Tumblr pages I've seen yet. And they're all connected to one of the best university's out there.

So here it is: three must-see Tumblr pages for the Marquette student, alumni, fan, affiliate; or anyone who can appreciate pretty places and people.

1. Dear Marquette

Dear Marquette is inspired by Dear Photograph, a project that speaks for itself: older photos of places, stuck into said places. The part that I find the most amazing? That these are different pictures yet the same places; different people yet the same age groupings; different time yet the same point in time of their path of life: in this case, college at Marquette. It mixes together the past and present of our university. It shows how that literally, the more things change, the more they stay the same. It's pretty comforting and articulate; it inspires tradition but welcomes its renewal. Dear Marquette's pretty trendy if you ask me.

2. postmarq

What doesn't postmarq post? The only thing I haven't seen posted is probably the underside of a hot cookie (which still wouldn't surprise me to see, given their subtitle "Miscellanea on Marquette"). I could put all of the pictures I love on this page into this post, but there'd probably be a copyright issue. It shows Marquette today better than anything else with top quality pictures — and unique ones, at that. Marquette students will just get the little things, like the heaping bowl of Real Chili or the notes of inspiration on the tables at the Brew. It's the things we experience day to day as Marquette students that we probably don't even think about — let alone consider — capturing on camera. postmarq captures the details of Marquette, and looking at their Tumblr page is like looking at a weird map of the bits and pieces and traces of your life at Marquette to a tee. Kudos to the guy in charge of it. I can't stop scrolling.

3. Marquette Flashbacks

Because who doesn't love a good glance into the past of a place with so much history and rich sense of tradition? Like Dear Marquette, Marquette Flashbacks offers a piece of history. There's pictures like Marquette students fleeing toward downtown, past Gesu, in the street, on Wisconsin Ave, in post-1977 NCAA Basketball Championship celebration (see above). There's not just pictures in this blog, however: A 1996 commercial for Marquette (please watch, it's crazy) is posted that says "It's not just learning. It's learning to live." And learning to live at Marquette is an experience all its own. From the century-old memories to just a few years ago, this page gives a good look at who we are. And we are, *clap clap* Marquette.

So if you love Marquette as much as I do, you'll appreciate these pages and all that they hold. You'll feel the memories as if they were your own — and maybe for some of you, they are your own. These are not just Tumblr pages; they are gateways to the past, keepers of the present and promises of the future. They feature a timeless campus full of vibrance and color, even in black-and-white photographs that can be found on their feeds. At the end of the day, can a Tumblr page really do Marquette justice? Not even close. But if they could, it'd be one of these three.