Things to do to make a 2am fire alarm easier:
1. Keep your ID in the same place
It'll prevent you from having to turn your room upside down and inside it looking for your ID
2. Own a pair of slip on boots or slippers
You are not going to want to go outside in December without shoes on and sneakers or anything you have to really work to put on are a hassle when you're half asleep and panicking.
3. Always have a pair of sweatpants on hand.
Same reason as the shoes...You don't want to be standing outside in December in shorts or, god forbid, your underwear.
4. Invest in a bathrobe – a warm one
For those emergencies.
5. Make sure your phone is charged
Whether it's so that you can find your friends, find a back up plan if your dorm building burns down, or just so that you can scroll through tumblr or play a game because there's nothing else to do at 3am.
And just always be sure to put water in your Easy Mac.