25 Types of People I Can't Stand

25 Types of People I Can't Stand

You all know who you are...

4242
25 Types of People I Can't Stand
Ingo Joseph

We all have our pet peeves, and I have what I would call my people peeves. Sometimes there are people I simply cannot stand, and they all usually fall in a common archetype. If only I knew how to tolerate them...

1. The people-pleaser

Yes, we all try to please others, but the people-pleaser takes it to a whole other level. They will not do anything unless someone approves. They will ask 50 people if their outfit looks okay and will be so calculated as to only do something when they know others will be fine with it. They can't ever say no. They're addicted to the feeling of approval- they are addicted to saying "yes."

2. The too serious to joke with

I try to make a joke and their face turns red, they shyly pretend to giggle but then brush it off. Or they just keep a straight face, don't move a muscle, not even blink. I can tell who they are the second I meet them. When all they want is a straight-up conversation with no wit involved. Life is too short to be serious.

3. The armrest hog

When all you want is to rest your arms and a strange old man's arm hair that is prickling up just happens to graze the side of your arm.

4. The bad driver

You're 15 minutes late to an appointment when a car speeds by and cuts you off. Just as you're about to honk, you blame the near-death experience on the stupidity of humankind.

5. The food hog

They'll have an entire plate of spaghetti leftover that they haven't eaten yet. And you look at it, begging them to give you the rest. Even though they know you love spaghetti they refuse to share.

6. Do-gooder

You see pictures of them on facebook traveling all around the world doing community service. Frankly, they make everyone else feel like they're terrible people and don't deserve happiness.

7. The easy A

It comes naturally to them, or so you think. They tell you they didn't try hard, and you work your ass off. But they always pull through, proving that they are either closet smart and don't have to try, or are secretly studying behind closed doors and pretending they don't.

8. The make themselves at home person

They come to your house, raid your fridge and pantry, throw their shoes across your living room floor, grab a blanket and pass out in your bed. Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme but you get the point. And you'll wonder why the family size bag of potato chips you just bought yesterday is already empty.

9. There's no such thing as personal space

You're on the subway and this old man sits next to you when there is an empty seat five feet away. You're in the elevator and they stand in front of you when the entire rest of the elevator is completely empty. They try to get as close to people as they can, and yes it is as creepy as it sounds.

10. The over-achiever

They were valedictorian, played tons of sports and instruments, had tons of friends, did great in school, and is on the path to curing world hunger.

11. Seats weren't made for people

They see you struggling to find a seat on the train. Every seat is taken, but not by people. You see a nice lady sitting alone, but on the seat next to her is a tiny purse. It's as if her small purse needs a seat of its own or she's simply scared to sit next to someone else. Because of her, you have to stand up for the remainder of the train ride.

12. The pathological liar

They'll convince you their grandfather invented the toaster strudel or they're somehow related to Beyonce. Either way, you can't listen to anything they say. They eventually become the "boy who cried wolf." But of course, there are the select few that believe them and listen with awe.

13. The fake laugher

They don't even know what a good sense of humor is because they have none. So they simply laugh at everything. When they see other people laugh, even if they don't have a single clue about what's going on, they will laugh along.

14. The obnoxious laugher

Just as annoying as the fake laugher, and maybe even more annoying. You will try your best not to make them laugh because no one ever wants to hear that loud shriek. It'll haunt you.

15. Always the boss

Always the one that has to be in charge. If it's not their way it's the wrong way.

16. The loud chewer

You can barely hold a conversation with them, let alone tolerate their presence because all they seem to know how to do is hew like a cow.

17. The devil in disguise

They'll be nice to you but not when you're there. Once you turn your head, they'll start talking trash.

18. Everyone's best friend

They wave hi to everyone- even someone they just met in the elevator. Even if they don't know your name they will wave to you and you'll think you're special, but wait till you see you're just like everyone else.

19. Who is anybody?

You could have met them 50 times and had some nice conversation but they never say hi to you. You wonder whether or not they don't like you but then you start to realize they don't like anybody.

20. The perfectionist

Their room is spotless, everything perfectly in place. You even flinch and mess anything up and you will never live it down. They are constantly tweaking every aspect of everything.

21. "Wow, I can't believe it!"

Everyone can be gullible at times. But sometimes people are too gullible it seems unreal. Oftentimes it's frustrating because I could be making a story up or being sarcastic and the gullible type will always believe everything I say.

22. Naive optimist

No matter what warnings people give them, they will always believe nothing bad will happen. They're naive to just about the worst of situations. Of course, optimism is great but too much, and it's very annoying to tolerate

23. They can't admit they're basic

They think they're a grunge millennial because they listen to Arctic Monkeys and the 1975 and shop at thrift stores. But really, they don't realize they are actually just as basic as the rest of us.

24. Time doesn't exist

You're constantly waiting for them. Whether they're 20 minutes late to lunch or they're driving 30 miles below the speed limit, whatever they do they are just really slow. They take their time eating, sleeping, breathing, walking, driving, the list goes on. They have no concept of time.

25. Spoiled and confused

They base their outfit on whether or not they decide to carry their Louis Vuitton or Gucci purse today. Their closet is piled high with designer shoes, clothing, and handbags. All they know is money and they have little knowledge of anything else. If Daddy's credit card didn't exist, then rest in peace.