26 Things You Understand If You Went/Go to PPS

Pinewood has meant something different to everyone but if you attend or have attended, you can most likely relate to a few of these...

10

Pinewood was my home for fourteen years and I can still still say that after a year of college, it always will be. I have been around for two different headmasters and learned to love both of them for different reasons. I graduated with some of the same friends that I had in K4 and had some of the best teachers that inspired me to major in education! Pinewood means more to me than some silly list but if you attend or have attended, you can most likely relate to a few of these...

1. You either live two minutes away or up to an hour, but you and your parents know the drive is worth it.

2. The walk of shame you have to walk when you don’t have your lunch card.

3. “Coach Wright for Prez.”

4. You know not to touch the map in Mr. Stjern’s room.

5. Most likely you know your teacher’s spouse’s name and/or their kids.

6. You like physics but most likely only because Mr. Brice taught it and you love that he loves his job.

7. Bulford's baby blue pep rally suit.

8. You have picked Blue Crew over work/homework.

9. You imagine angels look and act like Mrs. Coyle. (She is also an amazing teacher, don’t forget to tell her that too.)

10. Trying to explain to other schools that our private school “isn’t like the other private schools.”

11. You know the teachers that stash candy and they’re willing to share.

12. Mrs. Chrom is style goals!

13. You could write a research paper in your sleep. (Thank Mrs. BK)

14. You follow Merrell and her camera at sporting events.

15. When you hear there will be a substitute, you pray it is Mrs. Bilsback.

16. Mr. Stone has scared you at least once or twice with his podium.

17. You are prepared to talk about the SAT/ACT, college, and or scholarships whenever Mr. Difley enters a room (Listen to what he says.)

18. You have cheered for a score board when every other school would have given up.

19. You possibly have gone to school with some of your friends since K4.

20. You know everything about everyone.

21. The teachers know everything about everyone as well, even if they wish they didn’t.

22. The lower school children look at you like you’re a rock star.

23. You can name anyone you walk pass, including middle schoolers.

24. Seeking Mr. Ruddy’s approval because you want to be as cool as him.

25. The word "jazzy" means something to you.

26. You have described PPS as a family at least once since you have attended.