25 Things You Must Do While Attending CLU

Whether you're close to campus or seeking an adventure, Callu offers tons of opportunities to make your college experience unforgettable.

8
McKenna Johnsen

California Lutheran University is located in the perfect spot of Southern California. Nestled between beaches, mountains, city or countryside, the possibilities become endless. There is always something going on around you. So with that said, I give you a list of 25 things to do while attending college here in Thousand Oaks, California.

1. Spend an afternoon playing volleyball or swimming in the oceans of Malibu.
  2. Join a club and actually commit to attending meetings. You will make friends and mostlikely get some free food as well.
  3. Attend a movie premier at Muvico.
  4. Go cliff jumping. There are tons of places within a half hour drive, just look them up!
  5. Shop or play around at Venice Beach.
  6. Get lost in wildwood. Trails lead you to a waterfall, caves, or even a rock shaped like a lizard.
  7. Walk along the Santa Monica pier.
  8. Do the famous Hollywood Hike.
  9. See a live taping of a show.
  10. Splurge and spend a day at Disneyland or Six Flags.
  11. Line dance at Borderline. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it!
  12. Visit Universal Citywalk. It’s free and really fun.
  13. Attend a professional sports game. The Rams, Dodgers, Lakers…all within a short drive!
  14. Walk to the cross to watch the sunset. It’s easy and worth the beautiful view.
  15. Go to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and find your favorite stars.
  16. Take a trip to LACMA or the Getty. Whether art is for you or not, it’s an incredible experience to walk around either place.
  17. Attend Horror Nights around Halloween at Universal Studios.
  18. Visit the Staples center for a sports game or concert.
  19. Buy something in Beverly Hills.
  20. Go to In-n-Out and order something off their secret menu (animal fries recommended).
  21. Go to improv on Thursday nights. You won’t regret it.
  22. Get food at Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles in Los Angeles.
  23. Attend a CLU dance-either Monte Carlo or the spring dance.
  24. Volunteer just for fun. Habitat for Humanity, Circle K, Relay for Life-CLU offers tons of ways to give back.
  25. Do an overnight trip with friends-whether it’s a night of camping or a week-long road trip, college is all about making memories that will last a lifetime.