25 Things '90s Babies Will Always Remember

Being born on the tail end of the '90s didn't stop me from living it up.

589
YouTube

Growing up, we didn't get to experience the 90s everyone talks about. We didn't get to live the '90s kids' fashion, and we don't really get to say "only 90s kids remember ____," because if you're like me, you were way too young to have been able to remember them. You only experienced the '00s, which, between you and me, are incredibly underrated.

Despite having been born on the tail end of the "best decade," us '90s babies still can claim some satisfaction from the decade. We still grew up around a lot of it. So, here's to us 90s babies that never get any credit. This one's for you.

1. VHS tapes

You're lying if you didn't have an entire cabinet dedicated to your VHS tape collection, featuring every Disney princess movie known to mankind.

2. Tamagotchi

I'm so sorry I was such a neglecting mother that let you all die. I am not ready for those kind of responsibilities. Now I know to start with a plant.

3. Lisa Frank

Nothing, and I mean nothing, screamed "talk to me, I'm popular" growing up more than having Lisa Frank school supplies folders, and everyone's guilty pleasure were the velvet-bordered coloring pages.

4. M.A.S.H.

I probably trusted this game with my entire life. Until I didn't get what I wanted and replayed it until I was content.

5. Fortune Tellers

I don't know about you, but I felt incredibly talented just knowing how to fold this thing.

6. The time when Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon actually had good shows for kids

The only time in my life to date where I was actually motivated to wake up early on Saturday mornings was when the good cartoons were on.

7. Butterfly hairclips

Okay, but lowkey, why did we let these die off?

8. Actual CD players and those weird over-ear foam headphones

The feeling of that weird foam-type fabric against the outside of your ear is a feeling you will never be able to shake.

9. Game Boys and the Nintendo 64

At LEAST half of my childhood memories are centered around playing Mario Party and Super Mario games, and I'm not ashamed about it.

10. The Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movies and books

I owned at least 12 copies of each.

11. Dreaming of getting "Slimed"

Honestly, part of me still wouldn't mind, for the sake of making dreams come true for the kid inside me still.

12. The Amanda Show

I have yet to have seen a show that actually tops this one. Don't @ me.

13. 3D Space Cadet Pinball

This was literally the only thing you could do on the computer when the dial-up just wasn't worth it.

14. *ORANGE* VHS tapes from Nickelodeon movies

The golden goose eggs of VHS tapes. You knew things were about to go down when you popped open that plastic VHS tape case to see a bright orange tape staring back at you.

15. Candy cigarettes

Nothing made you feel more badass than pretending to light a cigarette, have people mistake your candy as an actual cigarette, and then chomping on that sugary, chalky goodness.

16. Wonder Balls

The day they quit selling these is the day my soul died.

17. Waterfall Ring Toss

I genuinely give this game full responsibility for the anger issues I have currently.

18. Multi-Colored Retractable Pens

You and I both know we all always tried to pull them all down at the same time.

19. Having to take a Nintendo game cartidge out of the game system, blowing on it, and inserting it again to get it to work

The equivalent of "Have you tried turning it off and then back on?"

20. Moon shoes

Stupid kids had to go and break their ankles, causing them to be banned. Thanks a lot.

21. Glow-in-the-dark stars for your ceiling

I think all of our parents collaborated when decorating our rooms. You either had them or wish you did.

22. Rainbow parachute gym class days

I never felt more cool than when I ran quickly underneath the parachute, pinched it down, and sat on it and watched it inflate like a tent.

23. That one maze toy that was in every waiting room

Every. Single. One.

24. Stick-on earrings

You couldn't last five minutes without losing one, so mismatch it is.

25. The THX movie introduction

You were always prepared to go deaf.