25 Songs That Were On Your iPod As A Middle Schooler In 2015

From Ed Sheeran to Ariana Grande to Marc Anthony, these musical gems are sure to bring up memories we didn't know we had.

353
Girl laying on bed listening to music with headphones

The early 2010's can be remembered as techno-styled music starting to make more of an appearance in the music industry, which made way for many mainstream bops, along with other memorable pop songs lots of us are able to identify with. Having just gotten my iPod touch in 2012, it soon became my everyday music companion and now my music time capsule. As I kept scrolling and looking through my music library for this post, I could remember the bus rides home, study and homework sessions, and just the times when I went on YouTube and found more music to add. Here are 25 songs that were sure to be on your iPod as a middle schooler in the year 2015 (disclaimer: I apologize in advance for the occasional bad puns)...

1. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Wanz)

Honestly, the song speaks for itself; it was THE song played at honor roll pizza parties, school dances, and just hanging out with friends. It's catchy tune and lyrics practically took over overnight and was one of the first songs I had ever downloaded.

2. "Brave" - Sara Bareilles

How could this not be included? One of the best pick-me-up songs ever!

3. "Hall of Fame" - The Script (feat. will.i.am)

Whether you were working out or studying for tests, this song was sure to get your blood pumping and build up your confidence.

5. "I Knew You Were Trouble" - Taylor Swift

For all the girls who knew that boy was trouble.. this was it.

5. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift

And just to solidify their point to said boy... this was also it.

6. "We Are Young"- Fun. (feat. Janelle Monáe)

One of the most notorious pop songs I still hear my friends play today when we hang out.

7. "Beauty and a Beat" - Justin Bieber (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Probably one of the most fun music videos I've seen with so much energy!

8. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars had all of us in the feels and crying over the piano with this one. But music is a beautiful thing as it allows us to have some kind of middle ground where our emotions can be understood.

9. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars

So, so much nostalgia.

10. "Cups" (Pitch Perfect's 'When I'm Gone') - Anna Kendrick

Everyone at lunch either had their headphones in while learning it or were doing the routine with their friends. What a time.

11. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line

A good song to just... cruise to.

12. "Happy" - Pharrel Williams

When I say everyone sang this... I mean everyone. I even played this in band in middle school.

13. "Dark Horse" - Katy Perry (Juicy J)

Another undeniably catchy bop.

14. "All Of Me" - John Legend

For sure one of the most heartwarming songs that pulled at our heartstrings... Goals!

15. "All About That Bass" - Meghan Trainor

Work that confidence, girl! Yes!

16. "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson (feat. Bruno Mars)

Funky, fun, and.... yes, a major bop.

17. "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran

I mean, a real work of art, if I'm being completely honest. One of my top favorites.

17. "Trap Queen" - Fetty Wap

You are lying if you don't know at least part of this. Don't deny it, just nod and keep scrolling.

19. "Counting Stars" - OneRepublic

A true classic.

20. "See You Again" - Wiz Khalifa (feat Charlie Puth)

Many tears... many, many, many tears.

21. "Where Are Ü Now" - Skrillex and Diplo (feat. Justin Bieber)

The collab of the year.

22. "Problem" - Ariana Grande (feat. Iggy Azalea)

That saxophone bit will never get out of my head.

23. "Locked Away" - R. City (feat Adam Levine)

Another nostalgic tune that takes me back, wayyy back.

24. "Stitches" - Shawn Mendes

Shawn's jump from Vine to the music industry is still one of my favorite glow-ups to this day.

25. "Hello" - Adele

This one definitely hit right in the feels...

So many relics from the past that brought back so many memories and feelings. A lot of them were from previous years but were sure to be honorable mentions.