24 Must-Have Songs On My iPod During Middle School

Wouldn't have been a middle school playlist without One Direction!

70
Bree Moran

During my time in middle school, the iPod touch was the new thing! I started middle school in 2013 and then started high school in early 2014 so the music was quite interesting during those years! With all these songs on my playlist comes a very fond memory!

1. Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

This was just the ultimate jam! I always saw this as my junior high party song!

2. Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk

This one was definitely one of the more sappy tunes I had on my iPod and I probably listened to it when my crush didn't ask me to the back to the school dance.

3. Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

Who doesn't love a good JT song on their playlist?

4. Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars

Fun fact I saw Bruno in concert the same year he released this song so of course, it had to be on my playlist!

5. Ho Hey by The Lumineers

Ho Hey by The Lumineers: I would listen to this song on the walk home from school! Just a mellow song!

6. Royals by Lorde

My high school chorus sang this song in our spring concert so this song really just reminisced with me.

7. I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift

"Trouble, Trouble, Trouble" such a catchy song with a great message to young girls! Especially when I was in middle school!

8. We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus

If the Bangerz album wasn't on your iPod then what were you doing, sis?

9. Cups by the Pitch Perfect Cast

I know that all of you were trying to so the cup song in your kitchen with your friends!

10. Holy Grail by Jay Z

I mostly loved this song because it sampled Nirvana!

11. Clarity by Zedd

This was like my cheer anthem! I loved using this song to condition for cheer practice!

12. Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia

I always loved the message of this song! The story was always super relatable!

13. The Way by Ariana Grande

No doubt that this song kicked off Ariana Grande's career and was definitely a bop!

14. Happy by Pharrell

I sang this song at one of my talent shows in middle school! Such a great song and will get the crowd going!

15. All of Me by John Legend

I remember all the girls dying to dance with their crush at semi formal to this song!

16. Rude by Magic!

I loved the reggae vibe to this song but also just loved the funny story along with it!

17. All About that Bass by Meghan Trainor

We love a good body positivity song don't we?

18. Counting Stars by One Republic

I always had One Republic on my playlist so this is just another good one!

19. Pompeii by Bastille

An odd song but one I'll always love!

20. The Monster by Eminem and Rihanna 

Everyone jammed to this when I was in middle school! Rihanna makes everything better!

21. Say Something by A Great Big World

Anyone else cry when they listened to this song?

22. Story of My Life by One Direction

Wouldn't have been a middle school playlist without One direction!

23. Chandelier by Sia

Who doesn't love hearing Sia scream the lyrics of this song?

24. Summer by Calvin Harris

Middle school summer jam hands down!