25 Reasons Why We Love Nick Miller

25 Reasons Why We Love Nick Miller

Just a guy trying to make his way through life, and honestly, that's why we love him.

2524
25 Reasons Why We Love Nick Miller
viewmixed.com

Nick Miller: he's from Chicago and he doesn't let anyone forget it. He may not be the most responsible, or the best at being an adult in general, but he's relatable.

Throughout the course of the show, he may make careless mistakes, or try to drink his problems away, but deep down, Nick Miller is just a guy.

Just a guy trying to make his way through life, and honestly, that's why we love him. So in honor of Nick Miller, here are 25 reasons reminding us why we love him so much.

1. He isn't successful all the time.

Nick understands that it's hard to grow up and start being an adult, but even he has trouble doing it. He's 30 and doesn't take care of himself or eat vegetables. But he's OK with that because he's still figuring it all out as he goes along.

2. He's reassuring.

Ever have one of those days where you go on a total Netflix binge and watch a series all day? Well, according to Nick Miller, that is perfectly acceptable. So go ahead, take a day and watch TV, and catch up on the latest episodes you've been missing.

3. He loves food.

We all have those days where we just want to eat so much food. Why? 'Cause we love it. So does Nick, and he owns his love of food. So it's OK to like food sometimes and treat yourself to something good, like a burrito.

4. He's not afraid to help a friend out.

In one episode, Jess (one of Nick's roommates), teaches a creative writing course but becomes suspicious of one of her students who starts writing things that are gory and involve her. She tells Nick, and he decides to help her get to the bottom of what's really going on. So what does he do? He goes undercover, and comes to her class as Julius Pepperwood, from Chicago.

5. He has regrets.

6. He means well, but sometimes he's really weird.

When one of Jess' boyfriends stop by, Nick instantly greets him and tries to give a good first impression of the loft. Instead, he just begins to quote "Aladdin." Apparently, this isn't the first time it's happened either. Jess immediately follows his line with "Nick, you're doing 'Aladdin' again."

7. He lives by his own rules.

Nick hates doors. So in one episode when he encounters a "pull" door, he tries to push it open. However, he finds that by doing this he can't actually get into the door.

8. He gives good advice.

When one of the roommates is struggling, he's always there to give some classic Nick Miller advice. But it's true, sometimes life is good, then it gets worse. We just have to keep making our way through.

9. He understands the struggle of exercising.

Some of us love exercising. Some hate it. Some don't exercise at all. Personally, I exercise, but only because I want to be healthy. Regardless, most of us probably feel like we're going to die while doing it. Well, Nick understands that struggle. In the season four finale, Nick attempts doing a burpee, and exercise move hated by most. However, in the middle of trying, he gives up, then stands up winded, saying, "I'm never doing that again."

10. He appreciates good music.

We all have a taste in music, some bad, some good. But Nick Miller appreciates some good music when he hears it. He loves Adele, who is amazing. Whether it's some of her old songs like "Rolling in the Deep," or "Someone Like You," or new stuff like "Hello," her voice is amazing.

11. He has trust issues.

Most of us probably have issues sometimes putting our trust into the wrong people. Nick does too, and for the right reasons. Specifically, he doesn't trust fish because they breathe water. If you think about that, it's really weird. And it also makes you think, should we be trusting fish and putting them into our houses?

12. He expresses what he thinks.

Nick isn't afraid to say what he thinks and feels, regardless of how ridiculous it may sound. Even if it's confessing he might not know how to read after all.

13. He doesn't dance and isn't ashamed.

Nick Miller can't dance, at all. Yet, in one episode when Jess breaks up with a boyfriend, he tries to cheer her up by dancing to Taylor Swift's "22." We see how bad he is, yet he's willing to do it to cheer up a friend.

14. He tries to look like he accomplishes things.

In his life, Nick hasn't accomplished many astounding things. He tried to go to law school, then dropped out, he works as a bartender, and he tried to write a zombie novel. He ended up finishing it but after years of procrastination. Before he actually finished the book, he liked to brag about only getting half of it done.

15. He doesn't like having a lot of responsibility.

We've all had our moments where we want to run from our responsibilities. Nick avoids that. Instead of running from responsibility, he avoids taking on more responsibility than necessary.

16. He appreciates the small things.

There are so many things we overlook in life. Like the smell of fresh laundry. Nick Miller appreciates this smell, seeing that it can make him smell "like a baby in a damn meadow."

17. He has fears.

We all have fears, whether it's of heights, snakes, or spiders. We may think that some of our fears are ridiculous. Nick Miller is afraid of blueberries, and he doesn't care. We shouldn't let our fears bother us.

18. He wants forgiveness.

If we do wrong to our friends, we want forgiveness. So does Nick. But, he goes the extra mile and asks for forgiveness in advance. He does it because he cares.

19. He uses his resources.

Sometimes we have to get creative and use what's around us. Nick Miller does this too, refusing to use a fork when he can use his hands. Sometimes forks can be so inconvenient.

20. He's honest.

Sometimes lying is the easy way out. Not for Nick Miller. Whenever he lies, he sweats so much, and everyone knows he's lying. So when confronted about whether he washes a towel, he says no. By his logic, why should he wash something that washes him?

21. He's confident with his body.

Sometimes we have issues with how our body looks, but then we get over it. But if you ever need any confidence, take a look at Nick Miller. He's confident with his body, even if he doesn't have the perfect body.

22. He has goals.

We all want our lives to have direction and a purpose. So does Nick Miller. He doesn't want to be lazy, he wants to do something.

23. He says what we're all thinking.

Sometimes we have moments where we just hate people. So does Nick. He understands that sometimes, people are the worst.

24. He worries about his future.

We all worry about our future because it's so unknown and foreign. Well, even Nick Miller worries. He's nervous he'll screw up in the future. It's OK, Nick, we've all been there.

25. He's human.

Nick Miller knows he's not perfect, none of us are. But that's why we love him. He's just trying to get along. He may not make the best decisions all the time or say the best things, but that's what makes him Nick Miller.

"Nick's delicate. Like a flower. Like a chubby, damaged flower who hates himself." -Schmidt, "New Girl."