What Roommate are You? As told by 'New Girl'

Your roommates become your best friends and you learn to love all their little quirks.

100
Wordpress

Living in a house full of roommates, you're required to mesh with many different personalities, habits and different levels of cleanliness. For some, this can cause a lot of problems and roommates who were once friends may not be after spending a year under the same roof. But, for others, your roommates become your best friends and you learn to love all their little quirks. In the popular TV series "New Girl," the main character Jessica Day ends up living with three male roommates, each with their own quirks. Which "New Girl" roommate are you?

1. Nick Miller

The Nick Miller roommate, the one whose life always seems to go terribly wrong. Maybe you didn't drop out of law school with only one semester left and end up a bartender, but if your the person who seems to attract failures rather than success this is probably you. You're right on the cusp of success, but something always gets in the way. Nick is the messy roommate who's room is never in order, he has to write himself a reminder to put on pants in the morning. However, if you're the Nick of the room, it's likely you're willing to do anything for your friends and you're great at giving advice. You also have a unique sense of humor and aren't afraid to embarrass yourself. Every room needs a Nick Miller roommate to laugh at.

2. Schmidt

Schmidt, the one who wants people to like him, because he thinks he's awesome. If you're the Schmidt, whatever you set your mind to you achieve, whether it's getting a girl to like you or playing pranks on a friend, nothing will stop you. You're successful in your career, but something is always just a little off and you want more. Schmidt is also the roommate who thrives on cleanliness and order and will move mountains to make that happen. However, sometimes you can be very outspoken and say things that are douchey, that's when your friends may punish you by making you pay the "Douche Jar." At the end of the day, quirks and all, no room could thrive without the entertainment Schmidt brings. He loves all of his roommates and appreciates each of their friendship.

3. Winston

The Winston of the room is the Robin to Schmidt and Nick's Batman. He's the first in line to help out with any plan no matter how irrational it may be, breaking up a wedding or faking a robbery in the apartment. Winston isn't always rash and his plans often are too grand and out there that no one else understands what he's talking about. He's impatient with things and sometimes careless, but at the ends of the day he's the most supportive roommate and he knows everyone's secrets. If you're the Winston, you are in touch with your feminine side and unafraid to admit you want a bath tub for the apartment.

4. Jess

If you're the Jess of the apartment then you're an open book, always willing to express your emotions. Whether that means watching Dirty Dancing 40 times after a break-up or singing about everything you do. You're optimistic and determined to make the world a better place. You love knitting, baking and planning parties for your friends. You do your best to make sure everyone is happy and everyone likes you no matter what it takes. However, if you're the Jess of the room you're in touch with your weirdness and don't mind dancing to the beat of your own drum and people respect you for that.

Maybe you don't fit one of these four roommates exactly, but it's likely you're at least a mix of a few of them. "New Girl," represents the dynamic of roommates who all have very different personalities, yet somehow mesh well together. This is the case with most living situations and it always makes for a fun and interesting time.