25 Inspirational Quotes to Get You Through Finals

"May your D's turn to C's and your C's raise to A's and B's. In the name of GPA I pray, amen."

78
Jamie Pytlik

The most stressful time of the year is just around the corner. While we pull all nighters, cram for tests, and try to avoid emotional breakdowns (all while dreaming of the fuzzy socks and Christmas movies awaiting us), we could each use some inspiration to get us through the never ending days.

Here is 25 inspirational quotes to keep in mind while surviving finals week! (Disclaimer: these quotes are not my own, just ones I found or heard that I found inspirational and wanted to pass on.)

1. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”- Steve Jobs
  2. “Don’t feel guilty if you do not know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t know.”- Kurt Vonnegut
  3. “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help someone else get it first.” - Iyanla Vanzant
  4. “So often, people work hard on the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” - Caterina Fake
  5. “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person just as you were helped.” -Melinda Gates
  6. “If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” - Steve Jobs
  7. “You are incredible. You make this world a little more wonderful. You have so much potential and so many things left to do. You have time. Better things are coming your way, so please hang in there. You can do it.”
  8. "Believe in yourself and all that you are and that you are capable of overcoming all obstacles.”
  9. “I hope you are deeply happy and content with yourself but if you’re not, I hope you find the strength within you to keep going until you find your happiness.”
  10. “You still have a lot of time to make yourself be what you want.”
  11. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.
  12. “Success comes in a lot of ways, but it doesn’t come with money and it doesn’t come with fame. It comes with having a meaning in your life, doing what you love, and being passionate about what you do. That’s having a life of success. When you have the ability to do what you love, love what you do, and have the ability to impact people. That’s having a life of success. That’s what having a life of meaning is.” - Tim Tebow
  13. “You don’t always get what you wish for, but you always get what you work for.”
  14. “You go to a university, go for the right reasons. Education is not a gun held to your head: it is a weapon in your hands. Go not because you’re afraid of not getting a job but instead because you are excited by ideas, because you believe that education is important for its own sake, and when you get there, pay attention, read everything you can get your hands on, cram yourself with words and figures and ideas, because your education is the one thing they can never take away from you.”
  15. “We dream of changing the entire world, but sometimes, changing a single soul is enough, as inside every human, there is a world.”
  16. “Make your parents proud, your enemies jealous, and yourself happy.” - The Weeknd
  17. “The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.”
  18. “It doesn’t matter who you used to be; what matters is who you decide to be today. You are not your mistakes. You are not your mishaps. You are not your past. You are not your wounds. You can decide differently today and at every moment. Remember that. You are offered a new opportunity with each breath to think, choose, decide and act differently in a way that supports you in being all that you are capable of being. You are not less than. You are enough.”
  19. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What is important is the action. You do not have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.”
  20. “People get scared when you try to do something, especially when it looks like you are succeeding. People do not get scared when you are failing. It calms them. But when you’re winning, it makes them feel like they’re losing or worse yet, that maybe you should have tried to do something too, but now it is too late. And since they didn’t, they want to stop you. You can’t let them.”- Mindy Kaling, Why Not Me?
  21. “Let people underestimate you. Let them think you cannot succeed. It is worth the look on their faces when you effortlessly excel at something they pegged you as a failure at.” -Nikita Gill
  22. “Education is a tool to help you on your way to greatness, not the definition of how great you are.”
  23. “You will be fine. Feeling lost and unsure is part of your path. Do not avoid it. Breathe. You will be okay, even if you do not feel like it all of the time.”
  24. “You are braver than you believe, smarter than you seem and smarter than you think you are.” - Winnie the Pooh
  25. And my personal favorite... “For what it is worth, it is never too late, (or in my case too early) to be whoever you want. There is no time limit, start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same; there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things that you have never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you are proud of, and if at any point you realize you are not, I hope you have the courage to start over.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Good luck and happy cramming!