25 First Date Ideas In San Diego

25 First Date Ideas In San Diego

Love is in the air.

33077
25 First Date Ideas In San Diego

Being creative when it comes to planning a first date can be difficult, to say the least. Whether you’ve known the person for years or literally just a hot second, it's about time to rethink that same old movie date night. San Diego is the perfect city to try something new. Check out these 25 new ideas and impress your date… you’re welcome.

1. Take a tour at Ballast Point Brewery.

If your bae loves beer and is over 21, this date is for you. Take a tour of Ballast Point’s production brewery located in Miramar WHILE drinking beer. I mean, who doesn’t like Ballast Point, am I right?

2. Go Kart racing at Boomers!

If you’re ballin' on a budget, this date is for you. Have fun and go kart racing for only $10 per driver. Besides, a little competition between you two will also spice things up.

3. Share a flight of ice cream at Hammond’s Gourmet Ice Cream.

After grabbing dinner, Hammond’s is the dessert place to go. You can choose from over 300 flavors, and if you’re indecisive like I am, you can share an ice cream flight to try them all. There are 3 locations: PB, North Park and Point Loma.

4. Mini-golfing in Belmont Park.

There’s more to Mission Beach than just the beach. Roam around the amusement park, Belmont Park, that includes fun rides and even mini golfing at Tiki Town Adventure Park. Be sure to share a Dole Whip (pineapple treat famously sold in Hawaii and Disneyland) after the game.

5. Eat pizza at Pizza Port.

Grub on some higher end pizza AND beer at Pizza Port that is not only within your budget but also alongside the beach as well. Check out locations in Solana Beach, Carlsbad or Ocean Beach. Double whammy.

6. Spend the day at the San Diego Zoo.

The San Diego Zoo is a notorious attraction in San Diego, for it's one of the best zoos in California. Tickets may be a bit pricey, but make sure to check out the discount with your student ID if you're a student.

7. Go kayaking in Coronado.

If your partner loves water sports, this date is for you. On the Coronado Kayak Tour, you can kayak around the Coronado Ferry Landing. This tour is 2 hours and has a low and affordable rate.

8. Watch a movie at a drive-in theater.

Upgrade your movie night! Not only is a drive-in movie cheaper than a normal movie, but also comfier and far more social. Don’t forget to bring some cuddle blankets and pillows.

9. Go roller skating at Skateworld.

Roller skating is the perfect excuse to hold hands. Am I right, or am I right? This fun and affordable date will be memorable, to say the least. And don’t forget to check the website for when Public Skating Sessions are open.

10. Take a road trip.

Okay… maybe this isn’t first date material, but definitely something fun to do. There are many different options to choose from. Romona and Julian are only an hour drive away. If you’re looking for a farther location, Joshua Tree and Big Bear are 3 hours away from San Diego.

11. Walk around Birch Aquarium.

If you and your partner are animal lovers, you’ll definitely enjoy this simple date. Tickets are under your budget and you’ll get to do a bunch of fun activities together- from whale watching to seeing Pacific marine life like the fish Nemo.

12. Go to the farmer's market.

Monday thru Sunday, there are various farmer's markets around San Diego County. From Encinitas to Hillcrest, It is fun to walk around to buy and taste local San Diego produce. Hint: the farmer's markets are filled with fresh flowers. Buy her some!

13. Grab some donuts and walk around Seaport Village.

On an early morning grab some yummy donuts at Donut Bar located in downtown. Donut Bar is one of the 21 best donut shops in America, which will surely impress your date. After, you can walk around Seaport Village, which is only a couple miles away.

14. Bike ride around Pacific Beach.

Rent some bikes in Pacific Beach and cruise around the beautiful beach together. There are various bike rental places along the beach. PB stretches all the way to Mission Beach where you can enjoy souvenir shops and ocean front restaurants along the way.

15. Go painting and Vino in Little Italy.

If you and/or your date enjoys wine and art, this date is for you. Join in on the ultimate paint party where a professional artist guides you through the process of creating your own masterpiece WHILE drinking a cocktail of your choice. Fancy schmancy.

16. Eat lunch at Liberty Public Market.

Can't decide what type of food to go eat? Not to worry, the Liberty Public Market in Liberty Station offers a wide array of foods from a full side sub to a scoop of ice cream.

17. Take a hike together.

Sometimes the best way to start a date is to sweat it out because, in all, couples that work out together stay together (LOL). There are so many hikes in San Diego, with difficulty ranging from easy to hard. Some of my personal favorites are Torrey Pines State Park, Cowles Mountain and Potato Chip Rock.

18. Have a coffee date at Young Hickory.

This trendy and hipster coffee shop is the perfect date spot to get to know each other. Not only do they have great food and espresso, but also a wide selection of craft beer. Bonus.

19. Take a speed boat out on Harbor Island.

Thinking about being adventurous? Drive your own speed boat on the Speed Boat Adventure Tour and experience the beauty of San Diego Harbor together.

20. Discover all that is Balboa Park.

Balboa Park is the nation’s largest urban cultural park with so many things to do. From visiting one of the 15 museums, or strolling through the beautiful gardens, you and your date can spend a whole day or an evening here.

21. Have a picnic at Sunset Cliffs.

Sunset Cliffs has a breathtaking view that you and your date will surely enjoy. If you have the opportunity to watch the sunset from the cliffs, I highly recommend it. This Natural Park is located south of the OB Pier where you can grab food to bring with.

22. Jump at the Sky Zone Trampoline Park.

Be bold and take your date to an indoor trampoline park to impress them with your skills. Not to mention, it would be an affordable date, too!

23. Eat dinner at the Draft Republic.

Draft Republic is a sweet place to eat because the food is bomb AND there are games, too. From ping pong, foosball, and a shuffleboard, you definitely won’t get bored.

24. Walk around La Jolla Cove.

Take a stroll down La Jolla Cove, a small beach that is somewhat hidden with a beautiful view. Swimming and scuba diving are even allowed. Don’t forget to watch the seals that come on shore.

25. End the night at Extraordinary Desserts.

This dessert place has the finest desserts, cakes, ice cream, and more. It was featured on Food Network- talk about a “go-to.” They even have organic coffee and wine, tea, AND craft beers to go with your desserts. There are two locations, Balboa Park and Little Italy.