25 Days Of Christmas

25 Days Of Christmas

A list of 25 things to do before Christmas.

77
25 Days Of Christmas

Who doesn’t love Christmas? Christmas is the best time of the year because you get to take a break from school, spend time with your family and friends, FINALLY eat home cooked meals, and get the opportunity to share joy with your loved ones, and even strangers. If you’re the type to be festive and participate in the holiday spirit here is a list of 25 things you can do do in the month of December leading up to Christmas!

1. Start a tradition of decorating ornaments to hang up on the tree, so that you can have a collection of different ornaments from every year!

2. Get your family together and have them each draw one name of a family member for secret santa. Set up a budget for the gifts as well.

3. Have a movie night with your friends or family.

Here are some classic Christmas movies to watch:

1. Elf
  2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  3. Home Alone
  4. The Polar Express
  5. Christmas with the Kranks

4. Build and decorate a gingerbread house and then eat it. But, don’t forget to take your pictures first!

5. Reunite and kickback with your hometown friends and have a bonfire. Treat yourself to some s'mores while you all share your crazy college experiences with one another.

6. Take family portraits for a Christmas card and send them out to your loved ones.

7. Bake yummy festive Christmas desserts!

Here are some options:

• Baked Alaska
  • Eggnog Cheesecake
  • Cinnamon Apple Pie
  • Gingerbread Muffins
  • Red Velvet Thumbprints
  • Puppy Chow
  • Christmas Pretzel Hugs
  • Peppermint Bark

8. Have an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Tell your guests to wear their ugliest Christmas Sweater and have a contest to see who’s sweater is the ugliest.

9. Have a Classy Christmas Party. Make fancy holiday themed cocktails and give yourself and your guests an excuse to dress their best for a night.

10. Participate in your local Brown Santa. No better way to experience the true meaning of Christmas than providing items for your fellow community members who are less fortunate, especially during the holidays.

11. Drive around with your windows down and go look at everyone’s Christmas decorations while blasting Michael Buble’s, Christmas <3

12. Go to your local Christmas Light Festival.

13. Decorate your Christmas tree while drinking hot chocolate and bonding with your family!

14. Go through old photo albums and reminisce on the old times.

15. Go ice skating!!

16. Go Christmas Caroling at a retirement home and make strong connections with the elders that live there. Visiting is a retirement home is a valuable experience. You get to make a difference in an older person’s life as you give them company and the opportunity to share their feelings with you. <3

17. Kiss your crush under the mistletoe.

18. Volunteer at a local organization. Whether it is your local food pantry or an animal shelter giving back is alway a heartwarming experience.

19. Write a letter to a patient at St. Jude Children’s Hospital to let them know that they are in your prayers, they are loved, and they are not alone.

20. Make a Christmas Wish List.

21. Wrap your gifts. Get creative with photo gift tags or fabric bows to make your gifts extra special!

22.Attend a Christmas musical or play.

23. Read your favorite childhood Christmas stories.

24. Go to Christmas Eve church service to experience the true meaning and history of the most beautiful holiday. Having the opportunity to affect lives and share the gospel of God has never been greater on this day. As everyone joins together to sing the familiar carols and that we know and love, you feel a strong connection with every person there. This evening is a special time to share what it means to have faith in God and celebrate the birth of Jesus.

25. Finally it’s Christmas!!! Time to open your presents and stay snuggled in your PJs all day long!