24, Single & Happy

24, Single & Happy

Being single doesn't mean you are weak. It means you're strong enough to wait for what you deserve.

89
24, Single & Happy
The break breaker

I think I cannot count on my ten fingers the number of times I have been asked “Why are you single?” - “Don’t you want someone to spend your life with?” … It feels like I commit a crime by not dating. Why is it not acceptable for a young woman to be successful and happy without a man by her side? Of course I don’t want to be single for the rest of my life but I want to discover who I am and what I want before I settle down and find THE ONE. Being single doesn't mean you are weak. It means you're strong enough to wait for what you deserve.

I have never understood the girls that can bounce from one guy to another in the blink of an eye. Doesn’t dating someone mean something to you? How can you claim that you love someone one day and then be with someone else not even a week after? I may be old school when it comes to dating but I feel like saying these 3 words is a huge step in a relationship and it shouldn’t be said “just because”.

I completely understand that some people are unable to be alone to grow and thrive and that they have this constant need to have people in their lives to make them feel like they matter and to make them feel loved so they don’t crush and break, I’m just not one of these people. I’ve been making it out just fine in my short 24 years of living.

I strongly believe in destiny and in love at first sight; it might take a year, it might take a day but what’s meant to be will find its way. I want to believe that there’s a special someone for everyone on this earth no matter the age, the race or the sex. That person will come into your life when you least expect it and it will rock your world. People we meet will always change our lives, either for good or for a bad. We just need to keep or eyes open and our heart safe so we don’t get hurt too much. I want to think that true love exists and can last forever; but it’s hard to remain positive in the society we live in, where divorce rate in the US is 53 percent high. I am certain we were created to make somebody else’s life better by sharing life’s ups and downs on a daily basis. Of course it's hard but people shouldn't give up too easily. What matters most is worth fighting for.

I wasn’t fortunate enough to live in a married household but it doesn’t mean I don’t know what love is and means. I want to wait and find my one and done, that’s why I don’t date around, when time will come for me to date someone, the goal will be to marry that person. Build with that person. Grow with that person. I won’t be dating to just pass time. I will see potential in the person. Of course the haters will say “How will you know it’s the right person if you haven’t dated anyone before?” To that I can answer: I will know! How will I know? I don’t know yet because I haven’t found that person but I'm sure it will be crystal clear to me when it happens. One day, someone will walk into my life and make me see why I never took the chance with anyone else. Of course I have had many crushes in my life, I have met people with whom I could see a future but they always ended up doing something that did not please me. So I backed off and just went on with my life.

What I want to say to all the single girls out there is: be happy, enjoy your youth as much as you can, focus on your degree and get yourself a big girl job so you can support yourself. Stay open for any new friendship that comes your way, be kind and generous and then one day THE ONE will walk into your life and together you will build a bright future full of love and promises.

It’s not what we have in life, but WHO we have in our life that matters -J.M. Lawrence